Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Like I said, I get it. Not trying to pontificate.

Im just trying to deal with it like A Richmond Man.

I can't control Gladys or Sydney people or what they do, so I dont worry about it.
I worry about it because NSW is the reason our state is currently in lockdown. How Glady's deals with the virus has had an impact on us right now. Can't control it but can't go watch Richmond at the footy. Can't do *smile* anything.

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Gladys now telling us the Delta strain is different & nobody's ever gotten on top of it.

PS: Except Victoria.
Narrative

Also, she blames the vaccine rollout instead of her governments failure to mandate mask wearing for drivers of airline workers for the outbreak

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Like I said, I get it. Not trying to pontificate.

Im just trying to deal with it like A Richmond Man.

I can't control Gladys or Sydney people or what they do, so I dont worry about it.

I just got shut out of some very important business in Qld, 50km a way, while Anastaisa Paluscheque swans about in Tokyo FFS.

But thats out of my control.

Richmond Man.

I'll worry about what I can control, which is beating these handbaggers *smile* on Sunday. :cool:

hang in there everybody. this too shall pass.

I want to share a bit of a zen story of Richmond Man, that made me so happy and proud yesterday,

watching EZJ playing a high level match. He was stationed in a very unaccustomed FF. 3 times in a row, he leads into a paddock clear inside 50, and got utterly burnt by his teammates who sprayed behinds over his head from outside 50. EZJ takes himself up into the play, wins a ball, streams into an easy open goal ............ and handballs it to one of the blokes who burnt him, in the goal square.

Richmond Man.
Dunno ezy. You seem like a closet anti-vaxxer. We don't like hypocrites bagging Richmond as much we don't like hypocrites bagging Victoria/Victorians.

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
That's what I meant. 40% vaccinated seems very high.
Can't find the figures. The fact they're not readily available doesn't bode too well. You'd expect the UK to have a higher rate of hospitalised + fully vaccinated compared with e.g. the US as the UK is largely committed to AstraZeneca, which is not as effective as Pfizer.

They're at 88%/69% for 1 dose/2 doses so you would hope there'd be a fairly quick decline in the number of cases and deaths after the peak now that they're letting it run. At the same time they don't really want people to continue isolating as it'll be more difficult to gauge whether herd immunity is having the desired effect.

B58zynW.jpg

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
If all the cases are in isolation then new cases should be very low, if there are lots of new cases then you would have to think that there are positive cases in the community.

If the new cases are in iso then surely the number of new cases should be dropping.

DS
There is a large lag. My work colleague has kids at trinity. Someone who tested negative on day 3ish tested positive on day 8.

lockdown effects can therefore take even over a week to show in the numbers fully. I’m sure people in iso would impact their families too.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I can't see hopitalised and fully vaccinated for the UK, but what is striking is the way the rate of deaths by COVID no longer tracks the case numbers with so much of the population vaccinated.

Compare the outbreak in early 2021 when cases went up, and so did deaths. Now, cases have gone up but deaths have only increased by a very small amount:

COVID UK July 2021 cases and deaths.jpg

This is the difference getting the vaccination rollout right makes.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Dunno ezy. You seem like a closet anti-vaxxer. We don't like hypocrites bagging Richmond as much we don't like hypocrites bagging Victoria/Victorians.

:mhihi

50% fully vaccinated brother,

and being a glass half full bloke,

that give me a lot of protection

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I know one of the positive cases in VIc. Caught it from a family member, both in isolation. Family member was isolating due to being in a tier 1 site. The person I know also fully vaccinated, 2 doses of Pfizer. Family member was not.
Will be interesting to see how the next two weeks go for these two but neither showing major symptoms as yet.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Excellent article.
Read it everyone and pass it on to those who are ignorant.
Exactly as would be expected by everyone in acute medicine.
What a load of disgusting murderous rubbish is peddled by idiotic people who talk simple souls out of sensible medical care , leading to the death and suffering as this article outlines. It's what will happen anywhere imbeciles have a voice that is unregulated .

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm still working with a number of teams in Indo - many extended families of those team members have experienced deaths already. I'm talking to them every day - these are people with good jobs and money, but they have relatives and friends in tougher circumstances of course. One of my close colleagues just took 3 days off to care for a disabled aunt in Java who has covid now. My colleague now has symptoms - she's been vaccinated through her company but still, worrying times.

The aunt who got covid died, and there have been several other deaths already in the extended family in the last few weeks. Makes you really appreciate our fantastic health care system in Australia, if you get covid here your chances are pretty good. If you get it in Indonesia even if you can get into a hospital your chances are not so great.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Is it true the delta strain is more contagious but less lethal?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Is it true the delta strain is more contagious but less lethal?

I don't think so. Its just we have now found drugs that work and have more people worldwide vaccinated than when Alpha and Beta were out.

See the "real" numbers about India (they are estimated but the official numbers are essentially made up anyway as a lot of deaths didn't have Covid as a cause of death as they didn't test them). Excess deaths is what gives it away. Thats the delta variant, seems like its more lethal than the original, and also seems to affect younger people more than the original did too.

Last edited: