Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It is very good news. 4 were in the community whilst infectious. Hopefully they're on top of it.
Yes but I think that figure not in isolation will need to be zero before the lockdown is released. Hopefully that will happen by early next week but the Prahran market exposure site has to be a concern.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I did some pre-border closure business in brisbane yesterday ,

and the level of mask, check-in and distancing compliance,

is the best ive ever seen.

at least 99% masks outside, correctly worn

take a bow Brissy.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
People of Sydney need to bunker down.

136 cases, 53 were in the community. That % in the community remains very high and isn't reducing. Contact tracers appear to be losing control due to the sheer volume they need to handle.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Gladys's gold looks more & more like polished brass every day.

I hope they get it under control asap, it's starting to get very concerning.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Gladys has royally *smile* it.

The way she has dealt with these press conferences has been really poor.

At the start of the week she was challenged on what the restrictions were achieving, journos referenced some epidemiologists modelling showing they would be locked down into September and she mocked modelling. Today she says that their restrictions clearly aren't achieving what they should.

Reactions: 1 user

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
They're still giving mixed messages - on one hand, be vigilant in Eastern Sydney, but on the other hand, they're planning on having localised settings, maybe releasing some restrictions in areas not exploding.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Gladys - "We have an obligation to the entire country to contain this virus".

If she'd actually followed that thinking a month ago, then we might not be in the situation where we are now.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

136 cases, 53 were in the community. That % in the community remains very high and isn't reducing. Contact tracers appear to be losing control due to the sheer volume they need to handle.

53 in the community the entire time, 17 for part of the time. More than half their new cases have not been in isolation for their infectious period. This % seems to be increasing, not decreasing.

They are pretty much saying today that they cannot control it, they need to take vaccines from other states in order to control it, as they don't have the ability to control it through lockdown. Poor Gladys, very poor.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Once the numbers go up like this contact tracing has little chance no matter how good it is. Just imagine the number of primary and secondary contacts and then extrapolate out adding in those who caught it off the initial contact. You can chase your tail for so long but the number of cases makes this close to impossible.

Let's hope the increased restrictions start to make a difference soon.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Gladys still not locking the city up!:mad::mad::mad:

AstraZeneca being pushed as the solution.

I'm due to get my 2nd AZ jab in 2 weeks. 3 months after the first but I guess it's not a race.
This strategy will make many Australians exposed to this dangerous virus.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
They are still talking about this as being a SW Sydney issue (and indicating that they might look at localised opening up - let me guess, Northern Beaches 1st?). They haven't stated how many of the 136 cases were in those LGA's, yesterday it was less than half.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They are still talking about this as being a SW Sydney issue (and indicating that they might look at localised opening up - let me guess, Northern Beaches 1st?). They haven't stated how many of the 136 cases were in those LGA's, yesterday it was less than half.

Geez, if they do that they really do have rocks in their heads.

Firstly, the numbers are such that you would have to think there are plenty of cases which are asymptomatic and unknown and not in the SW of Sydney. In any case, people do move around for essential work, it takes very few people to spread this.

Secondly, if you really want to give a message to the communities in SW Sydney that they are less valued than the rich folk in the Northern Beaches, then treat them worse than everyone else. Terrible way to divide the community.

DS