Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Do the children of anti-vaxxers have the polio shot and the MMR shot? Given we are over 95% in getting these shots into kids I can't see why we can't get to 90% with the COVID shot.

People need to just get out and have their shots, we all had vaccinations as kids, no question as the research had already been done, and we know that we don't want polio, measles, mumps or rubella back.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
My partner showed me a social media post today which said that in the USA 8 times as many Republicans as Democrats are dying from COVID as they are far less likely to be vaccinated. Make of it what you will but I know which group I reckon is doing better out of this stand off about vaccination.

DS
I guess one silver lining may be that it will become less likely that Trump gets back in if his supporters are dying .

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Do the children of anti-vaxxers have the polio shot and the MMR shot? Given we are over 95% in getting these shots into kids I can't see why we can't get to 90% with the COVID shot.

People need to just get out and have their shots, we all had vaccinations as kids, no question as the research had already been done, and we know that we don't want polio, measles, mumps or rubella back.

DS
Over 5% , or over one in twenty parents refuse to vaccinate their children against fatal but completly preventable illnesses..go figure that.
Another 5% roughly vaccinate their kids because of govt financial incentives to do so.

So at least 10% of children would otherwise not be vaccinated. If you assume they have two parents, for two kids roughly, then 10 % of adults will not choose to be vaccinated.
Add to that the media driven vax fear that I have seen personally in vulnerable but also some intelligent people, then add aged confusion, general disinterest and stupidity, and you will get close to 20 % refusal to vaccinate without trouble.

We will only get to 80% and more with incentives. Hopefully refused access to bars etc will drive that.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If Covid kills off mostly stupid people, I guess it has a silver lining.

Dumbarses have been holding humanity back since well before Moses got high on DMT.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

This link I find is better. Ive been checking it out as it covers all doses ( State & Fed) providing a true picture of Victorian vaccines administered

76,998 doses administered yesterday in Victoria
They update them in the afternoon once the Federal Government release their numbers. For the vaccination run rate which I’m talking in this instance this is a better source as they use the 1st dose projections to come up with their fully vaccinated number. The other site uses the 2nd dose vaccination numbers to do their projections. This is flawed logic if 1st doses are going at twice the rate of 2nd doses it will show that it’s going to take a lot longer than the reality. Political point scoring governments will be using your numbers so that they can all pat themselves on the back. So all governments.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
My partner showed me a social media post today which said that in the USA 8 times as many Republicans as Democrats are dying from COVID as they are far less likely to be vaccinated. Make of it what you will but I know which group I reckon is doing better out of this stand off about vaccination.

DS
The Greens voters, Palmer voters and most inland Queensland voters will fit into this category.

MB78

Sep 8, 2009
Have a look at the attached. A few trends that I can see from this data of over 1,000 people surveyed. Dan Andrews approval rating recovers when he opens up playgrounds and regional Victoria.

States that have not been impacted as much with lockdowns think Scott Morrison is doing a good job compared to NSW and Victoria.

6% of Australians will never be vaccinated. Of these you are 3 times more likely to be an ALP voter, and twice as likely to be an Greens voter than a Coalition voter.
This may explain why Melbourne is the worst in the state.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
I see Singapore may need to go back to lockdown despite 80 per cent double dosed.
Deaths of both the vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Worst day of year today.

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009
I guess one silver lining may be that it will become less likely that Trump gets back in if his supporters are dying .
You’re normally a pretty measured poster but that’s a very poor comment.
In fact a few people on this thread may do well to stop being so abusive towards people who are yet to be vaccinated, l think you would find more sub groups than just ‘anti vaxxers’.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I see Singapore may need to go back to lockdown despite 80 per cent double dosed.
Deaths of both the vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Worst day of year today.
No fully vaccinated person has died there in the past 28 days according to a report I just read. Fully vaccinated are in ICU though. Let’s not start too much fear mongering

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
In fact a few people on this thread may do well to stop being so abusive towards people who are yet to be vaccinated, l think you would find more sub groups than just ‘anti vaxxers’.

What would the sub groups be other than anti vax?

U12
U16 not yet had access
Waiting for preferred vax
Health condition makes vax health risk greater than Covid

Others?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I can see how you may take my comment that way but please look at the context of it being made. It was in reply to a post that said Republicans were dying of COVID at a rate 8 times that of Democrats. In that way it was a statement of fact that Trump voters are literally dying off. Given the US has over 680,000 deaths from COVID that would not be insignificant.
I would prefer that the US hadn’t had 0.2% of it population die of COVID but they have. My attempt at black humour was noting a bi-product of that

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012

U12
U16 not yet had access

Others?
I was due to get my second jab this Saturday, after getting my first Jab as soon as I could get a booking, the minute I was allowed to.

My daughters childcare is a tier 1 site, and now I'm in quarantine for two weeks, so I've had to cancel the appointment.

BTW home quarantine sucks. Especially with a toddler with cabin fever. I didn't realise how much respite the quick walk with her down to the park to chase a footy was offering. Trying to entertain her in our tiny house while still WFH I is brutal.

I have seven close mates in my friendship circle. All in our early thirties. None are anti vaxxers. Two are fully vaccinated (health care worker and a firey). The rest are very close to the second jab, though I was the closest.

People are forgetting how late these shots were opened up, until recently how difficult it was to get an appointment with a GP to check out that you could get AZ and the lag time between shots.

Reactions: 5 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Got a bit frustrated yesterday. The Age, Guardian and COVID Pete listed Victoria’s 80% projection as 86 days. All 3 used the flawed COVID Live projection data. I tried to call them about by saying the data is wrong, but I got jumped on by pro-vaxxers of all people. Weird.

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009

U12
U16 not yet had access

Others?
Yes l think that waiting for preferred vax, hesitant on MRNA technology group is a much larger group than people who are simply anti-vax. Also people who don’t like the government making it mandatory (which is basically the case if you want to live half a normal life)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Got a bit frustrated yesterday. The Age, Guardian and COVID Pete listed Victoria’s 80% projection as 86 days. All 3 used the flawed COVID Live projection data. I tried to call them about by saying the data is wrong, but I got jumped on by pro-vaxxers of all people. Weird.

How do you see the next three months playing out in Melbourne mate?