Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
friend of mine who is a builder, works on domestic homes & small renos by himself. Being registered falls under the construction industry has been told by the governing bodies needs to get vaccinated. (Mandated). All workers or other contractors who come onto the job also need to be vaxed. Really pissed. Its not just the big constructions job. its everyone connected into industry. He does though have a medical condition and didnt want vax. Now he needs to speak to Dr to see about exemption.
Your friend should consider himself very privileged. He has been able to work whilst many haven't.

I work in construction, and next week, I'll have no issue with turning people away from sites if they can not provide evidence of a vaccination. We'll be treating it the same way we treat the standard red/white card all workers are required to hold. The message has been sent to all staff & sub-contractors for the past few weeks.

However, I don't like the idea of sending people home because they live on the eastern side of Koo Wee Rup, live in Geelong, Bendigo or Ballarat. And, if they do, what authority do I, or any other manager, to question where they have traveled from? That's tricky.

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Vic and NSW is crap.
.should have moved to Qld years ago.
Interesting the leaking of the roadmap tonight , amazing actually . Good luck with that !! Eg 25k travel restrictions until 80% fully vaccinated, really . You poor buggers will be locked down forever it seems

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Your friend should consider himself very privileged. He has been able to work whilst many haven't.

I work in construction, and next week, I'll have no issue with turning people away from sites if they can not provide evidence of a vaccination. We'll be treating it the same way we treat the standard red/white card all workers are required to hold. The message has been sent to all staff & sub-contractors for the past few weeks.

However, I don't like the idea of sending people home because they live on the eastern side of Koo Wee Rup, live in Geelong, Bendigo or Ballarat. And, if they do, what authority do I, or any other manager, to question where they have traveled from? That's tricky.
Yeah he knows it. No issue there. Felt bad for other sole operators who couldnt work when they werent around people for their job.
Always followed whatever rules put out. (liked or didnt like it) - still did the right thing.

Just didnt want to vax. He is really stressed over that. Not an antivaxer just worried about his medical condition. He nearly passed away last year from his condition. Is good now, stable and back to work. Seeking Dr advice.

can you confirm the rumour then I heard that part of the advise is also no food or water can be consumed on the work site at any time? (Especially as we head into summer)

Last edited:

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Vic and NSW is crap.
Saw footage NSW cops patrolling a cemetery and arresting people aggressively (and people were not being aggressive back to cops) while at their loved ones grave site.
Dont know the rules there though about cemeteries

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Great article, sums it up really, and not just the construction workers, all those who have been either refusing to, or putting off getting the vaccines. Acting like toddlers.

I reckon they're just scared of needles and coming up with excuses.

Oh, the advice changes, oh there's uncertainty - welcome to life as an adult, now suck it up.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Before complaining about some of the restrictions that may remain in place for a while please remember that this is a taste of what is already happening in our hospitals.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Vic and NSW is crap.

*warning, untested internet theory to follow, do not believe or repeat. don't even read if your the slightest bit prone to craziness. this is opinion piece by a bloke who drank 10 stubbies and lost 2 days pay on the races yesterday*

theres something weird going on up here Bunnerz.

we (Lismore LGA) are in our 3rd lockdown in a year involving a single case that travelled from out of area, but then didnt transmit it to anyone, despite being in the community; The blues fest case (Brisbane), the looney Serbian drug dealer QANON case (Sydney), and now the Goonelebah case (Sydney)

thats a total of about 7 weeks lockdown, with 0 community transmission. the latter 2 were the deadly highly 60 times more transmissible DELTA variant.

Once could be a fluke, twice extraordinary luck, but three times? its 8-1 if your tossing a coin, but about 5,000,000-1 if you throw in politics, the law, epidemiology, human nature and a massage parlour.

after the case and we get locked up, the other common theme is it goes dead silent. The information just stops. we don't here how the case is doing, we don't why no-one else caught it, we don't even hear testing numbers.

so theres something going on. theres got to be an explanation.

given that I don't want to be associated with any Facebook nut job theorising, I think it over as scientifically as I can.

Brisbane has been able to suppress Delta, seemingly pretty easily, and its reasonable to posit that it doesnt transmit readily in NNSW (you could say n=3, but if you factor in contacts, it'd have to be n=1000?). There hasn't been any outbreak in Darwin or Broome that I recall? I don't even remember transmission in Coffs Harbour.

But its rampant in PNG and Indonesia.

so what's going on? theres something about first world sub-tropics that doesnt suit Covid. Temperature AND population density?

theres something going on.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
*warning, untested internet theory to follow, do not believe or repeat. don't even read if your the slightest bit prone to craziness. this is opinion piece by a bloke who drank 10 stubbies and lost 2 days pay on the races yesterday*

we (Lismore LGA) are in our 3rd lockdown in a year involving a single case that travelled from out of area, but then didnt transmit it to anyone, despite being in the community; The blues fest case (Brisbane), the looney Serbian drug dealer QANON case (Sydney), and now the Goonelebah case (Sydney)

thats a total of about 7 weeks lockdown, with 0 community transmission. the latter 2 were the deadly highly 60 times more transmissible DELTA variant.

Once could be a fluke, twice extraordinary luck, but three times? its 8-1 if your tossing a coin, but about 5,000,000-1 if you throw in politics, the law, epidemiology, human nature and a massage parlour.

after the case and we get locked up, the other common theme is it goes dead silent. The information just stops. we don't here how the case is doing, we don't why no-one else caught it, we don't even hear testing numbers.

given that I don't want to be associated with any Facebook nut job theorising, I think it over as scientifically as I can.

Brisbane has been able to suppress Delta, seemingly pretty easily, and its reasonable to posit that it doesnt transmit readily in NNSW (you could say n=3, but if you factor in contacts, it'd have to be n=1000?). There hasn't been any outbreak in Darwin or Broome that I recall? I don't even remember transmission in Coffs Harbour.

so what's going on? theres something about first world sub-tropics that doesnt suit Covid. Temperature AND population density?

Of course there is. It is well known that COVID spreads less easily when people live an outside lifestyle. It is also well known that density of living has a major effect which is why despite warmer temperature places like Indonesia, India and others have had major problems.

Winter in the developed world had lead to more infections as people stay inside, see Europe and the US. Look at Melbourne's current outbreak and where the infections are. They are in areas with higher density living, multi generations in the same house and lower socio economic groups. They are less likely to be vaccinated as well and add winter into the mix.

In countries like Cambodia, Vietnam and The Philippines the outbreaks have been primarily in cities where the outdoor living is offsett by higher density living.

Our opening up in Victoria will be at a time where the weather is getting better, which is a good thing

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Of course there is. It is well known that COVID spreads less easily when people live an outside lifestyle. It is also well known that density of living has a major effect which is why despite warmer temperatures places like Indonesia, India and others have had major problems.

Winter in the developed world had lead to more infections as people stay inside, see Europe and the US. Look at Melbourne's current outbreak and where the infections are. They are in areas with higher density living, multi generations in the same house and lower socio economic groups. They are less likely to be vaccinated as well and add winter into the mix.

In countries like Cambodia, Vietnam and The Philippines the outbreaks have been primarily in cities where the outdoor living is offsett by higher density living.

Our opening up in Victoria will be at a time where the weather is getting better, which is a good thing
100% this.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
View attachment 13587Please tell me what’s happening here to this 70yo lady who is harmless who was thrown to the ground and pepper sprayed . . Seriously i am glad I have relocated to the GC and left this rubbish . Absolute disgrace by government and police which they have caused !! . Enjoy your rules , I am off to surf club to have another beer

Sit there in your Ivory Tower up in the Gold Coast and lap up the sun, what is disgraceful are those protesters, (i would not even call them that, they were thugs looking for trouble & violence), had a first hand look at them living in Richmond. No-one there was expecting or looking for a peaceful protest :rolleyes: :mad: .

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009

I think it is beer.
Andrews has refused everyone to get on the beers and obviously Gladys is a tea totaller.
Various studies at the local Grand Hotel by a panel of experts has shown that the more beer consumed the less covid contracted. Not one of the regular big drinkers here have got covid.
In fact, the effect is so widespread that no one in the town, that is within 5 ks, has also contracted covid.
Beer consumption is rife in the tropics, 4 X in particular.
Replace invermectin with IV Australian beer and covid will be cured.
Mandate beer consumption and vaccination will be a thing of the past.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I think it is beer.
Andrews has refused everyone to get on the beers and obviously Gladys is a tea totaller.
Various studies at the local Grand Hotel by a panel of experts has shown that the more beer consumed the less covid contracted. Not one of the regular big drinkers here have got covid.
In fact, the effect is so widespread that no one in the town, that is within 5 ks, has also contracted covid.
Beer consumption is rife in the tropics, 4 X in particular.
Replace inverermectin with IV Australian beer and covid will be cured.
Mandate beer consumption and vaccination will be a thing of the past.

Have to be careful when running double blind studies on this.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sit there in your Ivory Tower up in the Gold Coast and lap up the sun, what is a disgraceful are those protesters, (i would not even call them that, they were thugs looking for trouble & violence), had a first hand look at them living in Richmond. No-one there was expecting or looking for a peaceful protest :rolleyes: :mad: .
and there is more than "protesting" going on. Threats made against individuals, concerted hacking attacks , coordinated intimidation of people on social media including the use of bots.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
We need to see a real plan that is ambitious today. The below shows 5th November 2021 we will be 80% vaccinated. But we should be able to get there quicker. The State hubs can reduce the time you wait between Pfizer shots from 6 weeks to 4 (GP’s are apparently doing 3 to 4 weeks is what I’m reading). And Moderna is here this coming week from pharmacies. This should see us doing well over 100k of doses per day. This hasn’t been done here yet.

Talk about how we can have a Melbourne cup with crowds, talk about when all kids can go back to school. Talk about how a pub, restaurant etc can have sufficient people to trade with density limits. We need to see clear light at the end of the tunnel. And many areas in regional Victoria will hit the 70% and 80%, quicker so trial the future plans here through October after the school holidays.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
and there is more than "protesting" going on. Threats made against individuals, concerted hacking attacks , coordinated intimidation of people on social media including the use of bots.
The cult is well organised and funded. There's been talk that a lot of the global coordination for the anti-mask/vax/lockdown globally is based in Germany. These protests are never planned as peaceful protests.

• Angry

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
We need to see a real plan that is ambitious today. The below shows 5th November 2021 we will be 80% vaccinated. But we should be able to get there quicker. The State hubs can reduce the time you wait between Pfizer shots from 6 weeks to 4 (GP’s are apparently doing 3 to 4 weeks is what I’m reading). And Moderna is here this coming week from pharmacies. This should see us doing well over 100k of doses per day. This hasn’t been done here yet.

Talk about how we can have a Melbourne cup with crowds, talk about when all kids can go back to school. Talk about how a pub, restaurant etc can have sufficient people to trade with density limits. We need to see clear light at the end of the tunnel. And many areas in regional Victoria will hit the 70% and 80%, quicker so trial the future plans here through October after the school holidays.

Yes.. and needs to let fully vaxed people out asap.
November 80% vax is too far away. We have all had a gut full of strict lockdown, especially when there is nothing and has been nothing in many areas for a year.
The boundaries are too rigid and not focused enough. I understand why but it is just too much to take now.
Some out side activities like cafes, golf, travel to holiday homes, visit family in country.
Useless changes like no curfew, school return , 25 ks ...are of no value. Nil. I am really angry.
There is zero reason to lock up fully vaxed people from rural areas, golf, cafes and family or walks at the beach.
It is no longer science. It is rigid Andrews obsession now.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Of course there is. It is well known that COVID spreads less easily when people live an outside lifestyle. It is also well known that density of living has a major effect which is why despite warmer temperature places like Indonesia, India and others have had major problems.

yes, but the QANON bloke had a 2 hour massage, presumably not under a pandanus tree on the beach, and a school kid wasn't in outdoor classrooms.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't condone the thugs n punch ons but I'm bloody amazed there hasn't been a heap more protests n non compliance with the constant lock downs. Bloody nothing but sheep shuffling along nowadays.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Yes.. and needs to let fully vaxed people out asap.
November 80% vax is too far away. We have all had a gut full of strict lockdown, especially when there is nothing and has been nothing in many areas for a year.
The boundaries are too rigid and not focused enough. I understand why but it is just too much to take now.
Some out side activities like cafes, golf, travel to holiday homes, visit family in country.
Useless changes like no curfew, school return , 25 ks ...are of no value. Nil. I am really angry.
There is zero reason to lock up fully vaxed people from rural areas, golf, cafes and family or walks at the beach.
It is no longer science. It is rigid Andrews obsession now.
I was speaking to a nursing home worker yesterday. They were saying how even their positive easy going patients are losing all purpose with a lack visiting etc. They are finding that many are just wanting to die. Spoke about how they would be looking to do a few drives but they can’t get into any cafes etc. He said it’s so heartbreaking but no one from the industry will speak up as you can’t have what happened last year.

Andrews needs to lift us up today.

• Sad