Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
View attachment 13587Please tell me what’s happening here to this 70yo lady who is harmless who was thrown to the ground and pepper sprayed . . Seriously i am glad I have relocated to the GC and left this rubbish . Absolute disgrace by government and police which they have caused !! . Enjoy your rules , I am off to surf club to have another beer
That photo is embarrassing for the police force. I think all protesters are being selfish as it gives more opportunities to spread the virus.

I think the police should have let them go and do their thing. If they caused any property damage or were in anyway not peaceful than you do what you need to do.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
yes, but the QANON bloke had a 2 hour massage, presumably not under a pandanus tree on the beach, and a school kid wasn't in outdoor classrooms.
Not everyone catches COVID when coming into contact with someone who has. On average a COVID positive person with Delta strain and no restrictions on movement and no social distancing will infect 8 other people but they will have contact with far more than that

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I was speaking to a nursing home worker yesterday. They were saying how even their positive easy going patients are losing all purpose with a lack visiting etc. They are finding that many are just wanting to die. Spoke about how they would be looking to do a few drives but they can’t get into any cafes etc. He said it’s so heartbreaking but no one from the industry will speak up as you can’t have what happened last year.

Andrews needs to lift us up today.

This is a disgrace. The only metric that nursing home operators the health authorities politicians and class action lawyers accept now in Aged care is zero covid deaths. Even when there have been no community lockdowns there has been visiting limitations.
In the best of times the average stay is under three years. This means many will have go into care under lockdown regimes will have died of normal causes during covid. Others will have had a large part of their last years made worse.

This is where "health advice" seems to be very one dimensional. And not driven by the best interests of the PATIENT.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
That photo is embarrassing for the police force. I think all protesters are being selfish as it gives more opportunities to spread the virus.

I think the police should have let them go and do their thing. If they caused any property damage or were in anyway not peaceful than you do what you need to do.
Interesting point.. if cops just melted away
.. what would the mob have done....marched through town and the gone home? Probably not....would likely lead to looting USA style.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
There's been a bit of talk about how NSW numbers are going down or stabilising which is obviously a good news, but their testing rates has gone down from 300000 per day in late August, to less than 100000 today.

Surely it's too optimistic to claim the Sydney wave has plateaued with such a dramatic downturn in testing? And I presume they still are forcing the contruction industry to have a test every 3 days, so their testing rates were already inflated.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Useless changes like no curfew, school return , 25 ks ...are of no value. Nil. I am really angry.

School return is useless??? Seriously? Clearly you have no-one in your family currently in school. The impact home learning has had on school age children not only from a learning capacity but also social development is profound.

Reactions: 8 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
True. Is there such a thing as even more off their heads.

Going to be tricky for local sporting clubs to police the double jab mandate for participants.
Thats true. but many people will get vaccinated for fear of missing out.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I was speaking to a nursing home worker yesterday. They were saying how even their positive easy going patients are losing all purpose with a lack visiting etc. They are finding that many are just wanting to die. Spoke about how they would be looking to do a few drives but they can’t get into any cafes etc. He said it’s so heartbreaking but no one from the industry will speak up as you can’t have what happened last year.

Andrews needs to lift us up today.

But if the virus gets back into the aged care sector what then...... My parents are in an independent living facility but are coping. We are able to visit them one by one.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
School return is useless??? Seriously? Clearly you have no-one in your family currently in school. The impact home learning has had on school age children not only from a learning capacity but also social development is profound.

Worth noting as well that the Vic and NSW plans are quite similar, both driven by the modelling.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
True. Is there such a thing as even more off their heads.

Going to be tricky for local sporting clubs to police the double jab mandate for participants.

not really. you usually have to present a birth certificate when you sign up to a team.

a certificate is a certificate,

and you can either present one or you cant?

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Yes understood... useless to me is what I meant.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thats true. but many people will get vaccinated for fear of missing out.

The dumber ones will fork out a $1,000 for a fake double vax certificate, (apparently they are already circulating), when the vaccine itself is FREE:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
not really. you usually have to present a birth certificate when you sign up to a team.

a certificate is a certificate,

and you can either present one or you cant?
No different from having a fake ID when you are 17. There are ways.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Hilarious how little the state government understands how Secondary Schools work.

The fact that our useless union is run for primary school teachers doesn't help.

But this has made me laugh.

Screenshot_20210919-134427_Chrome.jpg

I'd love to know how I teach my 9/10 robotics class for the two weeks that they're half there.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No different from having a fake ID when you are 17. There are ways.
Who enforces it at the Smithfield Golf Club in Moe or wherever or the pub with 5 separate entry doors and a fence to jump over into the beer garden ? Or Baku’s Indian restaurant in Preston. And on and on.

Only practical and enforceable use will be for airline travel, government Ops and mandated industries and corporates ie entities that have the technical, secure and automated resources to apply it with any real integrity.

Reactions: 1 users