Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Sadly I cant say I share your optimism there mate.
The economy is completely ruined . Not a restaurant open in Lygon street . other restaurants who haven’t got outdoor dining won’t be back either . Very very sad

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Madison as an elite athlete shows as that many won’t give themselves a chance if they don’t get vaccinated. This story could have been a lot worse if she wasn’t vaccinated.

Reactions: 1 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Again wd Stig.

We were lucky enough to holiday in QLD in-between lockdowns earlier this year.
Was a lovely week without the crap down here.

For the last 10 years, every year we have thought about moving there...but always decide on NO.

I guess it was the warm weather that we loved, ahhhh well.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Post as much as I want . Why on earth would I come back , it’s your choice to live there , I choose not to . It’s that easy
Given your criticism of RFC over player behaviour and player management in the past now that you are living outside Victoria it is probably a good idea to embrace a local club.
Luckily the Suns provide you a great opportunity to support a club with a history of no player behaviour problems, strong management plus on-field success.
I would support them now if I were you. You can go to every home game as well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
My roadmap analogy is the Vic plan is like the book of strip maps my old man used to get from the racv. Its a long trip like going from Melb to Darwin so it's a thick stack of maps. Not much point looking at the NT leg whilst we are still pulliing out of the driveway.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think you need to be introduced to someone working in an ICU or senior in a hospital. This is not just straight out wrong it is very dangerous to post it.
The best protection from COVID is to get vaccinated, period.
Thinking you cannot get seriously ill or die from this virus if you don’t have underlying health conditions is incorrect. That you have a better chance of surviving is clear but that is the case with most diseases.
Pfft. What would you know.
Snig had conducted thorough research of his 8 friends.
I was nearly convinced by the articulate arguments made by the freedom protesters on the weekend, but now Sqig has spoken I think it its clear. All lockdowns should end.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I don’t get why people are so upset about the timeline. I’m actually really shocked Andrews is sticking with the nationally agreed timeline when the modelling shows about 2,000 people are gonna die in VIC by the end of the year. I really was expecting him to change the opening up date to 90% aged 12 and up, with staggered easing of restrictions leading up to it. I’m not sure I am comfortable with this roadmap tbh.

Another thing I don’t get is the impatience of people. After 18 months in and out of lockdown, what is a few more weeks? We are getting towards the end of it. There is a clear road to the finish line. We can return to the pub in about 5 weeks (sooner up we get vaccination numbers up). Yet people still complain. Ridiculous self entitlement.

On another note, how stupid do the anti-lockdown protesters look today? They protested (and got arrested) for nothing.

Watch the “let it rip” Murdoch media complain their guts out about the pathway and then run a small sub headline about healthcare experts and workers pleading for a sensible and staggered exit. Oh hang on….

you mean this type of disgraceful headline with a Clive palmer ad just to rub it in? The Herald Scum does not care about the best interests of Victoria. They just wanna get Andrews at any cost. Its beyond an obsession.

TODAYa.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I don’t get why people are so upset about the timeline. I’m actually really shocked Andrews is sticking with the nationally agreed timeline when the modelling shows about 2,000 people are gonna die in VIC by the end of the year. I really was expecting him to change the opening up date to 90% aged 12 and up, with staggered easing of restrictions leading up to it. I’m not sure I am comfortable with this roadmap tbh.

Another thing I don’t get is the impatience of people. After 18 months in and out of lockdown, what is a few more weeks? We are getting towards the end of it. There is a clear road to the finish line. We can return to the pub in about 5 weeks (sooner up we get vaccination numbers up). Yet people still complain. Ridiculous self entitlement.

On another note, how stupid do the anti-lockdown protesters look today? They protested (and got arrested) for nothing.

you mean this type of disgraceful headline with a Clive palmer ad just to rub it in? The Herald Scum does not care about the best interests of Victoria. They just wanna get Andrews at any cost. Its beyond an obsession.

View attachment 13599
They’re a disgrace. A complete danger to the state and country. We’ve got modelling that says we’re almost certain to have mass cases and deaths under this pathway, we’ve got medical and epidemiology reps saying we need to be cautious and pleading not to blow the system to smithereens, but the Murdoch media doesnt care about any of that.

They don’t even believe the *smile* they write themselves.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne

I have no idea who this person is but there must be a real fear of burnout in the healthcare system. Feel for them with what's coming.
Cous is a Dr in Melb can also confirm they are starting to feel it in this lockdown compared to other ones. Chronic fatigue. No outlet for them to recharge as he said. Go somewhere, do an activity, nothing. Long term restrictions beyond what they expected by govt. Its impating the H/system (how much, he didnt go into it). Very long shifts continually by many staff. They are doing the best as they can.

on another note, I happen to read (unclear how true), last April, Vic Govt were meant to increase ICU beds by 4800 beds around Vic as a state. Unsure if they have done that. Maybe govt might need to look at overseas to bring in qualified people (nurses & dr) if they are available. EG 200 Drs brought into WA.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Watch the Murdoch media demonise Andrews, claim the roadmap is too slow, support those who want to let it rip and then go apeshit if the ICU wards fill up and people die.

They will have it both ways and the gullible will eat it up, and the Murdoch media will simply not care.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

View attachment 13599
The Herald Sun is a disgrace but I call *smile* on the modellinng that says 2,000 are going to die and the Burnet modelling has a range of peak daily cases that is so wide that any nuffie could have provided it.

What is clear is that what ever has happened to date, NSW have clearly topped out and Vic will overtake soon.

1632104734352.png
1632104793084.png

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The Herald Sun is a disgrace but I call *smile* on the modellinng that says 2,000 are going to die and the Burnet modelling has a range of peak daily cases that is so wide that any nuffie could have provided it.

What is clear is that what ever has happened to date, NSW have clearly topped out and Vic will overtake soon.

View attachment 13601
View attachment 13602

Why do you call *smile* on 2000? Was that for a full year and by the end of this year? if by the end of this year, then I agree. If its for a full year, its probably way too low.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
On another note, I happen to read (unclear how true), last April, Vic Govt were meant to increase ICU beds by 4800 beds around Vic as a state. Unsure if they have done that. Maybe govt might need to look at overseas to bring in qualified people (nurses & dr) if they are available. EG 200 Drs brought into WA.
The planning , space creation/ infrastructure and equipment purchasing for a massive increase in ICU capacity was done last year but they have not been commissioned as yet because they have not needed to be. Hospitals can’t hold ICU capacity without patients because it effects normal activity.
In the last 2 weeks stage 1 has been put in place with some increase but there are multiple other stages ready to go if necessary.
Staff is the biggest issue. There just aren’t enough ICU doctors and nurses available and that would take years to create, so others will be brought in from other parts of the hospital system and that can only happen if something stops, like non urgent elective surgery. Getting staff is going to be by far the biggest blockage.

Reactions: 8 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Why do you call *smile* on 2000? Was that for a full year and by the end of this year? if by the end of this year, then I agree. If its for a full year, its probably way too low.
They simply can't know, and they gave a very wide range. Plus we will soon be 80% double vacced where hospitalisations are low, let alone deaths.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Riots in front of CFMEU head office. Setka and his union mates got pelted with bottles chairs and tables for trying to mandate the vaccines.

• Wow