Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Also pretty brave to come out, especially the 17 year old, a bit sad when the mum feels the need to qualify "that we are not actors, this is not a script, this is our story" and goes on to say “Maybe there will be anonymous people online who will try and make her feel bad for speaking out. But they should know that nothing will ever make her feel worse than what COVID did.”
Very brave & pretty scary for her & her family.

In better news this looks promising. Hopefully approved soon.

Also AstraZeneca to stop being made in Australia.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Wow. Those 2 Melbourne dheads have paid a massive price - 10 months jail. Minimum 3 months. They’ll have criminal records now which means one of them won’t be able to work in the finance industry anymore either.

What a pair of fwts.
They certainly don’t look like they would fit in, in jail either.

I know one shouldn’t always judge a book by it’s cover. But pretty boy private school, old tie types is my guess. The type you see wearing polo shirt, chinos and jumper around the shoulders (in fact there are photos circulating of one of the two wearing that sort of attire).

Doesn’t bare thinking about what sort of time they might have inside. Hopefully they don’t mind sharing a bunk with their large, hairy backed bikie cell mate, so as to not cause offence as a bad house guest.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
They certainly don’t look like they would fit in, in jail either.

I know one shouldn’t always judge a book by it’s cover. But pretty boy private school, old tie types is my guess. The type you see wearing polo shirt, chinos and jumper around the shoulders (in fact there are photos circulating of one of the two wearing that sort of attire).

Doesn’t bare thinking about what sort of time they might have inside. Hopefully they don’t mind sharing a bunk with their large, hairy backed bikie cell mate, so as to not cause offence as a bad house guest.
Yeah. Big Phil and his mates. Brrrr.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Easy to say when you’re not sitting in jail and Big Phil and his mates reckon you look ok….
In all honesty I would request to be put in solitary.
Melbourne should cancel their memberships for putting everything at risk too.
Legal penalties are one thing, but the source for their various tickets should be exposed. Not convinced they weren't assisted by someone at the club and/or AFL.

Reactions: 5 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Nearly 2300 cases in Victoria today. So much for the downward trend. Showing up NSW as amateurs in Covid case numbers.

• Sad

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
In reality the penalty is way over the top. I reckon if they were a couple of werribee boys (unlikely to barrack for the Dees I suppose) who drove the nullabor and snuck into the GF and changeroom after match they'd be lauded for their audacity.

Imagine there's a fair dose of regret right now.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Nearly 2300 cases in Victoria today. So much for the downward trend. Showing up NSW as amateurs in Covid case numbers.

Will be a classic case study one day. What was originally good will turned into general non or lackadaisical compliance probably because of so many micro freedom imposts that in the end have seemed unnecessary. (esp. outdoor restrictions) vs focusing on the high risk scenarios. Also when zero became unachievable its a bit like being 7 goals down in the grand final with half a quarter left - it turns into 15 goals pretty quickly.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
OK...so what is wrong in Victoria?

Doing much worse than NSW and infinitely worse than every other state.

Don't give me the GF explanation..I don't buy it.

I noticed there will be pop up vax sites at some cafes and gyms..this is great, but well well overdue.
Pop up sites have long been needed everywhere.
Everyone has known access to vax appointments and locations has been an issue.
If the problem now is compliance .....who,where and why?
Is it too many self righteous , self indulgent folk, or confused and ignorant migrants, or false information from religious or community leaders? Has the Vic govt been too tardy , too lenient, not aggressive enough?
Far too many accepted workers in my view too.

Still hearing of many people refusing vax and masks for nonsense reasons. What's wrong with people?

Figures a bit disappointing today to say the least.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Also AstraZeneca to stop being made in Australia.

Federal government doing what they do best… killing local manufacturing.

Nearly 2300 cases in Victoria today. So much for the downward trend.

I was initially scratching my head over this spike in numbers, but when you work through the timeline, it actually makes sense. 2 weeks ago, we had a massive spike in cases as a result of illegal grand final parties (we went from 694 on 27/9 to 1429 on 30/9). Today’s numbers represents the results of day 13 tests from close contacts of positive cases from illegal grand final parties.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Lee's 2000 prediction only two days off. THE Age comments daily there are amateur statisticians posting Reff numbers extrapolating trends comparing to other states all.looking to say we are trending down ... about as accurate as those predicting stock market crashes over the years. By the way Covid will end and the stick market will crash..guaranteed. can't say when though.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Lee's 2000 prediction only two days off. THE Age comments daily there are amateur statisticians posting Reff numbers extrapolating trends comparing to other states all.looking to say we are trending down ... about as accurate as those predicting stock market crashes over the years. By the way Covid will end and the stick market will crash..guaranteed. can't say when though.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Let’s face it. Victoria is Australia’s problem child where Covid is concerned. No more defending Victoria. Everything from bungalled quarantine over and over, to riots and protests, to basic belligerence towards the rules and restrictions by people particularly various sectors like the building industry ….and on and on. One issue after another after another. From government to industry to individuals. Yeah we’ve had a couple of cross border infection break outs but beyond that, we’ve been a basket case.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Federal government doing what they do best… killing local manufacturing.

I was initially scratching my head over this spike in numbers, but when you work through the timeline, it actually makes sense. 2 weeks ago, we had a massive spike in cases as a result of illegal grand final parties (we went from 694 on 27/9 to 1429 on 30/9). Today’s numbers represents the results of day 13 tests from close contacts of positive cases from illegal grand final parties.
So 13 days after being not positive they are?