Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The new infection numbers remain relevant but we should be adding in the hospitalisation/ICU numbers as part of the headline.

The vax numbers are pretty prominent but we need to change the measure to population 12 and above not 16 and above.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The new infection numbers remain relevant but we should be adding in the hospitalisation/ICU numbers as part of the headline.

The vax numbers are pretty prominent but we need to change the measure to population 12 and above not 16 and above.

DS

12 and above isn't that much different to 16+, which is great but really shows that kids are getting their arms out way more than some of the others.

12+ 85.6% single dose, 58.8% double
16+ 86.7% single dose, 61.5% double

I think these are yesterdays figures but shows there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2.

Reactions: 2 users

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Southern Tasmania now holding it's breath as to whether we will see the state's first outbreak since April last year.

Some bogan idiot travelled into the state from Wodonga in VIC, without the appropriate approvals. He was then tested and locked up in mandatory hotel quarantine. His tests have since come back positive for the delta variant. But in the meantime, he climbed out of the window of the quarantine hotel and got a lift with a mate to the outer northern suburbs of Hobart (a broadacre housing commission area) to his girlfriend's house for a root, then to another house in the area for a session of choofing with his mates (a root and a bit of choofing, what more could one ask, sounds like a perfect day out).

With the social dynamics in the area (households of 7 kids with 5 different fathers, or blended households full of his hers and ours kids), the student bodies of the schools in the area are a concern. And apparently the idiot in question isn't being particularly forthcoming to police regarding all of his movements. Hence it's a bit of an unknown what all of his movements were and what establishments he has been to.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
12 and above isn't that much different to 16+, which is great but really shows that kids are getting their arms out way more than some of the others.

12+ 85.6% single dose, 58.8% double
16+ 86.7% single dose, 61.5% double

I think these are yesterdays figures but shows there isn't a great deal of difference between the 2.
Kids are used to getting vaccinations.

They stick their arms out to get a jab every couple of years at school.

None of them can understand why there are so many sookie babies in adulthood.

Reactions: 5 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Southern Tasmania now holding it's breath as to whether we will see the state's first outbreak since April last year.

Some bogan idiot travelled into the state from Wodonga in VIC, without the appropriate approvals. He was then tested and locked up in mandatory hotel quarantine. His tests have since come back positive for the delta variant. But in the meantime, he climbed out of the window of the quarantine hotel and got a lift with a mate to the outer northern suburbs of Hobart (a broadacre housing commission area) to his girlfriend's house for a root, then to another house in the area for a session of choofing with his mates (a root and a bit of choofing, what more could one ask, sounds like a perfect day out).

With the social dynamics in the area (households of 7 kids with 5 different fathers, or blended households full of his hers and ours kids), the student bodies of the schools in the area are a concern. And apparently the idiot in question isn't being particularly forthcoming to police regarding all of his movements. Hence it's a bit of an unknown what all of his movements were and what establishments he has been to.

Dangle the fool from the Derwent Bridge, he'll soon cough up the details. What an absolute flog.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
OK...so what is wrong in Victoria?

Doing much worse than NSW and infinitely worse than every other state.

Don't give me the GF explanation..I don't buy it.

I noticed there will be pop up vax sites at some cafes and gyms..this is great, but well well overdue.
Pop up sites have long been needed everywhere.
Everyone has known access to vax appointments and locations has been an issue.
If the problem now is compliance .....who,where and why?
Is it too many self righteous , self indulgent folk, or confused and ignorant migrants, or false information from religious or community leaders? Has the Vic govt been too tardy , too lenient, not aggressive enough?
Far too many accepted workers in my view too.

Still hearing of many people refusing vax and masks for nonsense reasons. What's wrong with people?

Figures a bit disappointing today to say the least.
It’s like the coach “losing the players “ theory . Government has lost the plot and the citizens know this . Management of the state is extremely poor . End of story ! There the facts

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It’s like the coach “losing the players “ theory . Government has lost the plot and the citizens know this . Management of the state is extremely poor . End of story ! There the facts
Glad you came on Stig.. has been bugging me why the tourism operators aren't up in arms in Qld ? Have they made such a motzer over the decades they are cashed up and can wait as long as it takes? Or are all you Queenslanders roaming around the state spending your cash (when you aren't flying in and out of WA SA and NT. Assume you don't head to Tas in case flight is diverted to the hell that is Sydney or Melbourne)

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Having a look at Vic Gov covid site...... 9 (ten minus one) people under 50 have died from COVID.. out of 945 deaths in Vic. Under 100 less than 70.
Surprised me given the publicity the young deaths get, expected it to be much larger. Always good to reset perspective,

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Anyone tried linking their vaccination certificate to their Service Victoria app using myGov?
I finally did it tonight but I had to add in many steps that were left off the gov't coronavirus website procedure.
If anyone needs some help let me know via Reply.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I linked the accounts and it was remarkably easy. Maybe depends on the phone/operating system etc. Be hard to make something for every variation, but my phone is a bit obscure, it is a OnePlus5 running Android.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
And your comment is not biased?

Worth commenting that the "Nobel" (not really) Memorial Prize for Economics went to economists who showed increasing the minimum wage increased employment and this was announced overnight.

Anyway, back on topic.

Bad numbers in Victoria, no idea how we can turn this around. The restrictions are still in place, the vaccination numbers are steadily rising, can't really see what more we can do.

DS
Yeh, its not just unions that have killed manufacturing, And whilst I have little time for much of their attitude and behaviour I do acknowledge they have a place.

Funny thing is I am part of a business trying to bring back the complete manufacture of a product to Australia at the moment. Massive challenges when you compete with hourly wage rates in China ranging from $1.50 - 5.00 per hour.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I linked the accounts and it was remarkably easy. Maybe depends on the phone/operating system etc. Be hard to make something for every variation, but my phone is a bit obscure, it is a OnePlus5 running Android.

DS
Same. Very simple, took all of about a minute.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Where the facts?

Don't leave us hanging on a cliffhanger. Especially after you ended the story.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Anyone tried linking their vaccination certificate to their Service Victoria app using myGov?
I finally did it tonight but I had to add in many steps that were left off the gov't coronavirus website procedure.
If anyone needs some help let me know via Reply.
I found that the key is to update the version of the Service Vic app. Go into version History and click on 1.14.0 and it works. Some of my friends found that even when there was no trigger to get that latest version by doing that it means you get the icon to link the certificate

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Having a look at Vic Gov covid site...... 9 (ten minus one) people under 50 have died from COVID.. out of 945 deaths in Vic. Under 100 less than 70.
Surprised me given the publicity the young deaths get, expected it to be much larger. Always good to reset perspective,
The deaths from the outbreak from last year were heavily linked to aged care so that is going to skew the results.

I know for sure that this time around the number of younger people admitted to hospital as a percentage of the total is much higher and some have died but admittedly very few. That may well be linked to the fact that admissions and deaths are overwhelmingly unvaccinated and single vaccinated and young people are a higher percentage of that group mainly because they got access much later.

Yesterday I heard that Victoria has recorded almost double the number of COVID cases so far this year compared to 2020, but 85 per cent fewer deaths. Vaccines are a big part of this but also treatment is much better as doctors learn more about the virus.