Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Probably rates as an "I don't care" item for most now, but the latest large scale, rigorously conducted clinical trial looking at Ivermectin utility for treatment of mild to moderate Covid has its preliminary results and - what a shock - it shows no statistically significant benefit. This was the Activ-6 US trial that I mentioned way back when in the @lamb22 Infowars battles.

A good summary and discussion of the Activ-6 trial here and the current state of real Ivm Covid research here - https://gidmk.medium.com/ivermectin-probably-doesnt-work-for-treating-covid-19-35a8b7b52e9

Preprint with preliminary data (not yet peer reviewed) here. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.06.10.22276252v1

Full info on the sponsors, other repurposed medicines trialled, number of participants, contributing institutions https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04885530

@lamb22 , any time you want to drop by and apologise for calling me a gullible fool, useful idiot, big pharma shill and all those other rude names that would be cool! In fact a good time to swallow your pride would be right now dude.

On the other hand maybe you have a Youtube vid that offers compelling evidence in the other direction.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Probably rates as an "I don't care" item for most now, but the latest large scale, rigorously conducted clinical trial looking at Ivermectin utility for treatment of mild to moderate Covid has its preliminary results and - what a shock - it shows no statistically significant benefit. This was the Activ-6 US trial that I mentioned way back when in the @lamb22 Infowars battles.

A good summary and discussion of the Activ-6 trial here and the current state of real Ivm Covid research here - https://gidmk.medium.com/ivermectin-probably-doesnt-work-for-treating-covid-19-35a8b7b52e9

Preprint with preliminary data (not yet peer reviewed) here. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.06.10.22276252v1

Full info on the sponsors, other repurposed medicines trialled, number of participants, contributing institutions https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04885530

@lamb22 , any time you want to drop by and apologise for calling me a gullible fool, useful idiot, big pharma shill and all those other rude names that would be cool! In fact a good time to swallow your pride would be right now dude.

On the other hand maybe you have a Youtube vid that offers compelling evidence in the other direction.

Sit down, watch this video in it's entirety and then tell me if you still think Ivermectin isn't being suppressed by Big Pharma.

• Love

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Finally tested positive today.

So strange considering I've spent the majority of the pandemic in a school with thousands of non mask wearing people.

I also avoided it a few months ago sharing meals and rooms with my wife and child who were positive.

Then again, I had three year 12 students in my class test positive last week. So it was circling.

Certainly lines up with 5 months post 3rd shot, and resultant waning immunity.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Welcome news for personal accountability is no mandates for certain industries. So we can welcome more people into jobs. This is a great thing for many people.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Finally tested positive today.

So strange considering I've spent the majority of the pandemic in a school with thousands of non mask wearing people.

I also avoided it a few months ago sharing meals and rooms with my wife and child who were positive.

Then again, I had three year 12 students in my class test positive last week. So it was circling.

Certainly lines up with 5 months post 3rd shot, and resultant waning immunity.
Think you did well to get this far CT. My observation has been that those in households with children in education have so many daily contacts being brought back home that the risk is exponential relative to,one or two,adult households who don't work or do with limited contacts, by number, on any given day. The iso requirements for family members has ended now?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hi @lamb22 , more data that Ivermectin does nothing for Covid19.

I'm sure you are too embarrassed to show your face in here again, but in case you do, here's a good article on science vs evidence based medicine which explains how some of these Ivermectin tropes takes hold. Read it and learn.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Phhhht. If this is as bad as it gets, I've got no idea what all the fuss is about. Dodgy throat n sinuses, bit of creaky old fart through the hinges last night n this morn. Handful of panadol n a cootie test this morn n I can take some paid leave woohoo.
Won't even have to miss a home game, can sit back with a froffy or two n watch the game on t.v. tomorra.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Phhhht. If this is as bad as it gets, I've got no idea what all the fuss is about. Dodgy throat n sinuses, bit of creaky old fart through the hinges last night n this morn. Handful of panadol n a cootie test this morn n I can take some paid leave woohoo.
Won't even have to miss a home game, can sit back with a froffy or two n watch the game on t.v. tomorra.

You got out of it lightly from what I'm told.
My daughter & her hubby were absolutely floored by it, have lost their sense of taste & smell. A mate of mine was bedridden for 4-5 days said he felt like he'd been hit by a Mack truck, he's still recovering over a week later.

All of them were triple vaxxed, imagine how they would have been without that.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
My daughter & her hubby were absolutely floored by it, have lost their sense of taste & smell. A mate of mine was bedridden for 4-5 days said he felt like he'd been hit by a Mack truck, he's still recovering over a week later.

Not to mention in Victoria the 10-40 deaths per day, the 629 currently in hospital and the 37 currently in ICU. And that’s just the hospital numbers, not the thousands considerably sick at home like your daughter and husband and your mate sound like.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003

So it seems.

Missus just havin another crack at trying to do me in n it's back fired on her. She's been fairly butchers all week, did a rat test on Tues night n come up negative so she figured she's just got a good dose of the flu, so just been doing the usual panadols n resting.
Started feeling ratty last night n didn't sleep well, just basic flu symptoms, sore throat, a bit more creaky through the hinges than usual n a few chills. Figured I'd better do a rat before going to work this morn n bugger me it went straight to coroner cooties without even having to wait the ten minutes.
Been feeling reasonable all day, just minor symptoms n could have pushed it to work if it wasn't a cootie attack. Got the missus to retest this morn n yep, she's fulla cooties as well. Just waiting for the daughter to catch up now, she's got minor symptoms but tested negative this morn n gunna keep monitoring to see what happens.
Kinda boring family holiday all sitting around home n feeling dodgy for a week.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
So it seems.

Missus just havin another crack at trying to do me in n it's back fired on her. She's been fairly butchers all week, did a rat test on Tues night n come up negative so she figured she's just got a good dose of the flu, so just been doing the usual panadols n resting.
Started feeling ratty last night n didn't sleep well, just basic flu symptoms, sore throat, a bit more creaky through the hinges than usual n a few chills. Figured I'd better do a rat before going to work this morn n bugger me it went straight to coroner cooties without even having to wait the ten minutes.
Been feeling reasonable all day, just minor symptoms n could have pushed it to work if it wasn't a cootie attack. Got the missus to retest this morn n yep, she's fulla cooties as well. Just waiting for the daughter to catch up now, she's got minor symptoms but tested negative this morn n gunna keep monitoring to see what happens.
Kinda boring family holiday all sitting around home n feeling dodgy for a week.

Allow another weeks rest to really get it sorted I'm told.

Good Luck TM, hope you & your lot get better soon. (y)

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Allow another weeks rest to really get it sorted I'm told.

Good Luck TM, hope you & your lot get better soon. (y)
Thanks TT. Almost better already, hardly a bloody symptom for me. Must be one of those leathery old bastards that just keeps chugging along regardless.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users