Coughlan-Next Captain? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coughlan-Next Captain?

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Can cogs do it when cambo quits and when richo stops having a winge? make sure we leave him at our club and dont let him go like we did with torney who now is playing great footy at adelaide.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I would actually replace Campbell of his captaincy as of next year.
Don't get me wrong, Campbell has been great.

However, if we are going to rebuild to club, bring on the young leaders whom will be at the club in years to come.
Yeah, It may be a little early for Coughlan to be captain. He certainly will get the captaincy oneday no doubt about it.
I really reckon make Johnson captain with Coughlan the vice-captain.
Johnson has exprience and a cool head.

I dont like the idea of Richardson being captain. A true leader will not carry on like Richo does on the field. However, I can understand Richo's frustrations.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Sugar Kane Johnson for me as our next skipper. Hed be perfect i think,. leads from the front, trains hard and loves Richmond. Plus hes playedi n a lot of finals and grand final flag winnign teams.

After that id go for Rodan, he has captaincy written all voer him but that wouldnt be for a few years down the track but i rate the way he goes about it on the field and talks, encourages etc. Think hed be great. Need more blokes like him for leadership roles, he only needs more experience.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Hey Vadim, do you have your thinking cap on all day? Good one, but.
I agree with nwonash and shawry ...Sugar Kane for captain with Cogs waiting in the wings or, as an outsider for VC, Chaffey (solid & dependable).
Sentimental choice...the Kellaways.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Dont post much but as this is a post with a direction

Staffs Captain, and Johnson/Cogs Vice Captains.

The leadership team needs to be in the mid field so they can see what is going one. Down back or up Forward they see very little of the other end of the ground.

Lets Roar

Khan

Maskedman

Tiger Cub
Jul 21, 2003
Melbourne
I sort of agree, Staf as Captain absolutely, but I'd go Chaffey as vice with 1 or 2 of Johnson, Coughlan, Andy Kellaway or DRod.

The other possibility is to go extremely left field here. Give it to Bowden, may be the responsibility will turn him around from promising to delivering, after all big Jim Malone & Leon Daphne used to call him FRC (Future Richmond Captain). I'd still have Staf & Chaf in the leadership mix

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I would give captaincy to Coggs in 2005. He's only played about 40 games and needs another season under Cambo. Would then be ready to captain. Hopefully Cambo can come back (i've heard it's not an easy injury to return from) but if he can't i'd give it to Chaffey for a year and then the Cogger!
Definetly not Richo!

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Johnson to become captain in 2005, with Stafford/Cogs/Andy K as possible deputies, Cogs to Captain within following 3 years.