Country and Interstate Supporter Groups | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Country and Interstate Supporter Groups

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
There is a notice on the club website about a get together for the round 5 match against West Coast.

Details: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=41504

peter1908

Tiger Cub
Mar 21, 2007
3630 (Country Vic)
im from shepparton and there doesn't seem to be a supportor group here anymore. It was called the gv tigers but as far as i know they died 2 years ago, and when they did exist only went to 3-4 games a years which sucked compared to stk supportor group in the gv.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome to PRE peter.

We have a PREnder called jk33 who has posted about the Shepparton Supporters Group before. Maybe you might find out more if you search for his profile and send a pm.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Would be interested to hear from anyone who went to the get together, did the club organise any players to as guest speakers etc.

blackandyellowmatt

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2006
Pakenham
I was in attendance on Saturday. We had a turn out of about 80-90 people.
It was organised as a get together for the group to get together and talk about different ways of recruiting and raising the profile of the groups.

Gary March arrived to give us his "insight" into the club. May have set a new record for using the word unfortunatley in his 10 minute address. Touched on injuries, his support for TW and GM including the Ly(er)on article as well as a change in the game plan. I appreciated him making the time to talk to us.

Tours were run through the gym/training area and Tiger "Stripes" Dyer made a late show, most of the kids had taken off by then so it was a bit wierd. He creeps me out a little bit :-\

A select few were then taken into the change rooms before the game, whilst I took a group over to the ground to assist the cheer squad hold up the banner.

I have always wanted to be a part of that and felt so privallaged to be on the hallowed MCG just before a game.

Big thanks to all who helped Saturday as it ran pretty smoothly and good luck to all the groups who are running there supporter groups.

I am currently in the process of re-organising the Gippsland Supporters Group. If anyone would liked to get involved please let me know.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Some info from the club for those that are interested..
Thank you for your support as a Richmond Country/Interstate member in 2012.

Following another year of development and improvement, the Club is looking forward to seizing its opportunity in 2013 and capitalising on the hard work of our staff and players, along with the wonderful support of our members.

You may be aware that, recently, the Club asked its members to take part in the 'Shape Research Member Satisfaction' survey. The results from these responses are used to identify the current level of member satisfaction and for the Club to gain direction on areas that could be improved upon.

Overall, the feedback was positive and some of the key findings are included in "The Fighting Tiger" magazine on page 12. The survey did, however, discover that the satisfaction levels of Country/Interstate members were below our overall average. The common theme among responses was a perceived disconnection with the Club. This primarily relates to the geographical distance that country/interstate members have between themselves and the Club. In many situations this precludes country/interstate members from attending games and other club activities and events.

Taking this feedback on board, in season 2013 the Club will work harder with each of the Supporter Groups that we have throughout Australia, to help develop a stronger link between our Country/Interstate members and the Supporter Group that we have operating in their particular area. (Note that unfortunately we can't establish Supporter Groups in every location that we have country/interstate members). While we appreciate that not all members will be interested in participating in Supporter Group activities, we are confident those who have noted a "disconnection" with the Club, will benefit greatly from their participation and involvement with local supporter groups, who are provided day-to-day management support by the Club's Relationship Manager, Dale Weightman.

To ensure that you are kept up to date with the events of your local Supporter Group, we are going to introduce a webpage for each Supporter Group, linked off the Club's website. This will be updated with upcoming events, such as family days, get-togethers to watch the Tigers play, group trips to Richmond games, plus opportunities to meet some of the players and coaches when they are in town. The Club is also working on ways to help Supporter Groups increase the activities that they offer local supporters and members.

Once you have signed up for season 2013, you will receive your membership pack, which will include a fulfilment letter. This letter will outline the web address of the Supporter Group in your state or local area.

If you are ready to sign up as a member for season 2013, or you have any questions, please email the Club at [email protected] or call 1300 RICHMOND (1300 742 466).

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
willo said:
Once you have signed up for season 2013, you will receive your membership pack, which will include a fulfilment letter. This letter will outline the web address of the Supporter Group in your state or local area.

If you are ready to sign up as a member for season 2013, or you have any questions, please email the Club at [email protected] or call 1300 RICHMOND (1300 742 466).

Question Willo, was the title of the email that contained the above info '2013 Membership Confirmation'‏?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Odduna said:
Question Willo, was the title of the email that contained the above info '2013 Membership Confirmation'‏?

Sorry I'm a bit slow with the reply mate, I've been on the road.

Yes it was that email Odduna. I wanted to pass on the info re the webpage more than anything else.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
willo said:
Sorry I'm a bit slow with the reply mate, I've been on the road.

Yes it was that email Odduna. I wanted to pass on the info re the webpage more than anything else.

"a bit" ?