Courtney Wakefield is a Legend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Courtney Wakefield is a Legend

Gunsmoke

Tiger Rookie
May 4, 2009
Well done Court, an original in every sense of the word. What a story, I hope you are very proud of what you have achieved.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep. All the best to Courtney and family in her retirement. I was hoping she could've played another 2 or 3 seasons with us.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Didn't realise she had retired. What a career and story. We are going to miss her big time.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, what can you say? Gave up so much to play for us, coming down from Mildura and being away from family.

Bloody great player too, could take a contested mark and kick goals when we needed them.

She will be so hard to replace.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Was clearly losing pace - but very solid 1:1 - and able to bring the ball to ground usually when she doesn't mark it. Certainly, don't seem to have anyone else right now who can play this role so something we will need to find in the off-season or otherwise need to change our game style and skill level to be able to hit up targets. Could very well see us back out of the 8 - was clear playing NM and Bris the value a large forward target is in this competition.

Well done and all the best!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Courtney will be one of our first revered AFLW players. She was really needed in these early years.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Loved watching CW play. Tremendous contested mark, judged the ball in flight so well and body positioning was outstanding.
And competed like it meant everything.
Superb footy player and a fantastic Richmond player

Reactions: 1 user