Craig Hutchinson aka Jabba the Hutchy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craig Hutchinson aka Jabba the Hutchy

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Seriously if this bloke wasn't the owner of 90% of footy media.
They would run him out of town.
Last night on footy classified.
He basically had no stories, so he ranted off an idea for the Tasmanian Government (like they don't have bigger issues to deal with currently) to sponsor the introduction of a Tasmanian football team, that would have Skelton staff running it, a CEO trying to convince players to play for them etc.
The problem is that no one can call him out because they would be umemployed soon after.
Not sure a bloke that always comes up with American based ideas for our game is good to hold a position that he has.
If anyone said what he said, it would be mocked all around the country. Besides some comments on twitter, again nothing.
Footy shows should be shelved till the game returns, too many are trolling to make headlines.

Reactions: 4 users

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
He’s really annoying me. Always wanting to change the game for the better in his mind, they are just dumb ideas. Conferences, wild card finals, more teams in finals, best of three grand finals, I could go on and on. Moron

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
He basically had no stories, so he ranted off an idea for the Tasmanian Government (like they don't have bigger issues to deal with currently) to sponsor the introduction of a Tasmanian football team, that would have Skelton staff running it, a CEO trying to convince players to play for them etc.
The problem is that no one can call him out because they would be umemployed soon after.
Not sure a bloke that always comes up with American based ideas for our game is good to hold a position that he has.
If anyone said what he said, it would be mocked all around the country. Besides some comments on twitter, again nothing.
Footy shows should be shelved till the game returns, too many are trolling to make headlines.

The guy just wants to be relevant.

How he has so much control in the media (tv & radio ) is beyond me.

Just keep ordering Uber Eats and leave footy to people who care, love & have the games interests at heart.

The FANS

• Haha

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Knew Hutchy 15 years ago when he had zero money . AFL has been a great cash cow for Craig due to networking with friends , amazing . Might not be that inviting moving forward if Maccas pull out of the AFL

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
When ever someone starts a rant by saying
"Nobody will believe this, like this or give it a go... but hear me out"

You know its going to be *smile*.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He’s really annoying me. Always wanting to change the game for the better in his mind, they are just dumb ideas. Conferences, wild card finals, more teams in finals, best of three grand finals, I could go on and on. Moron

The wanker is an NFL and US Sport nut thats why, and he wants to bring those changes in to our game.

Wants a system where corporate $$$ outweigh, the fans desires, and the merit and integrity of the competition.

The bloke is a former bin dipping sensationalist scribbler and a sociopath

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The wanker is an NFL and US Sport nut thats why, and he wants to bring those changes in to our game.

Wants a system where corporate $$$ outweigh, the fans desires, and the merit and integrity of the competition.

The bloke is a former bin dipping sensationalist scribbler and a sociopath
Yes, agree Craig. And, of course, he wants that US style code with greater corporate dollars because it provides more opportunity for bottom feeders/parasites like him to scrounge more $$ for Hutchie Enterprises while adding nothing to the game at all tangibly positive. Simply could not believe it when it was reported he was hauling $800K out of SEN when he took it over. It was struggling then! Probably really battling to survive at all in the current context (so you'd hope he's not taking such a haul any more).

But on a lighter note, has he consumed Gawwy Lyon from the 2019 panel? Hutchie looks huge - that jacket near bursting. But hated to see even Caro being deferential to him last night, such is the reach of his media tentacles now.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jabba the Hutchie is a faux yank, likes to play in the US more than here and is no doubt trying to get his own Bizz some toe hold over there, whilst trying to increase his market share and influence in Australia media circles.

His interests are not aligned with the best interests of the game here nor the fans.

They are aligned with self promotion, money, and increased corporatisation.

There may come a point in the future where the corporate dollar takes the game to its plateau, its zenith........ then it will eventually take it over a cliff (IPL and 20/20 cricket anyone) after the fans lose interest and are disenfranchised to the point they turn away as the passsion for what was is lost with the constant changing and tinkering ultimately dissolving the bond between it and the layman after it no longer envokes the innate emotional interest and investment that it has over the past 100 plus years .

Pro Sports are for the masses a pastime a passion an escape a distraction from other areas of life but sadly major codes have jumped the shark and gone the other way and are becoming nothing more than boorish social engineering tools, that are catering to the Special Interests and the Corporate top end.

There is a fine line in these times and I think the AFL is looking to beta test changes to the game some possibly more significant than others as it looks to the future at the behest of their corporate overlords. Changes that could if implemented do it significant damage with the fans.

Hutchie is one of those who will push his agenda using his own media outlets.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Jabba the Hutchie is a faux yank, likes to play in the US more than here and is no doubt trying to get his own Bizz some toe hold over there, whilst trying to increase his market share and influence in Australia media circles.

His interests are not aligned with the best interests of the game here nor the fans.

There may come a point in the future where the corporate dollar takes the game to its plateau, its zenith........ then it will eventually take it over a cliff (IPL and 20/20 cricket anyone) after the fans lose interest and are disenfranchised to the point they turn away as the passsion for what was is lost with the constant changing and tinkering ultimately dissolving the bond between it and the layman after it no longer envokes the innate emotional interest and investment that it has over the past 100 plus years .

Pro Sports are for the masses a pastime a passion an escape a distraction from other areas of life but sadly major codes have jumped the shark and gone the other way and are becoming nothing more than boorish social engineering tools, that are catering to the Special Interests and the Corporate top end.

There is a fine line in these times and I think the AFL is looking to beta test changes to the game some possibly more significant than others as it looks to the future at the behest of their corporate overlords. Changes that could if implemented do it significant damage with the fans.

Hutchie is one of those who will push this agenda using his own media outlets for his own benefit.

Jabba the Hutchie:rotfl2

If two shows go head-to-head where one of them is insightful and accurate, and the other is heavily manufactured to get under our skin the perfect amount to maximise viewing time, which one wins?

If it’s the latter, who’s fault is it?

The greatest hope for a grassroots sporting culture to shield itself from corportisation IMO is simply for fans to entertain each other more than the talking heads can.

Those half a million who gawk at Jabba the Hutchie might prefer a live stream fan show instead, but nothing really exists yet.

With everyone staying at home now, perhaps a few live fan shows will start popping up?

I’d def tune into those

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I didn't mind him for quite some time but the worst thing about Hutchy now is the influence he has on others, especially in the media who peddle his ideas and then come up with own even more stupid ideas. With the ability to repeat ad nauseam they become accepted.

The raising of the draft age is annother one that really irks me at the moment and how it is being repeated as though it will be fact.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I have new found respect for him over the way he's spoken about ppl losing thier jobs etc but this kind of canvasing of idea's is really annoying me as well, as if Jack would go play for Tassie & win 1 game if he's lucky when he can stay a Tiger & go for a 3rd medal. No team would allow it & no player from contending Teams would ever wish for that idea to be a reality anyway.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I see that the Front Bar is taking a break. I watched it last week at it really was hard to watch, just nothing really to talk about.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Hutchie is one of those who will push his agenda using his own media outlets.

Spot on Craig.
We are one 'Graig Hutchinson' AFL CEO away from ruining the game totally.

The only sporting group that has prospered after making a change is the Premier League.

The ARFL

Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn, West Coast , Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, The Northern Bulldogs, Port Adelaide and Freo.

26 home and Games.
Top 5 finals.

The Austrailian Revolution Football league.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
For mine, as much as i can't stand Craig Hutchinson, the guy who is the greatest threat to our game as we know it is Wankley. If it's different, he wants the game to adopt it, the more different the better.

He was the one pushing the hardest for rule changes post 2018, and after round 1 this year, with shortened quarters etc, he was the one suggesting these changes be permanent. He's obviously about as cool as cauldroy pants, so maybe this is his way of trying to appear hip and with the times. Maybe he's just a twat. Maybe it's a mixture of both.

Cannot stand him. If i had an airosol can of Codid-19 he'd be the first i'd spray. If Hutchy then came down with it not long after, my other suspicions would be confirmed.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
For mine, as much as i can't stand Craig Hutchinson, the guy who is the greatest threat to our game as we know it is Wankley. If it's different, he wants the game to adopt it, the more different the better.

He was the one pushing the hardest for rule changes post 2018, and after round 1 this year, with shortened quarters etc, he was the one suggesting these changes be permanent. He's obviously about as cool as cauldroy pants, so maybe this is his way of trying to appear hip and with the times. Maybe he's just a twat. Maybe it's a mixture of both.

Cannot stand him. If i had an airosol can of Codid-19 he'd be the first i'd spray. If Hutchy then came down with it not long after, my other suspicions would be confirmed.
Have you heard the little audio grab of him interviewing one of the NFL stars at the Super Bowl where he sticks a ‘casual’ man on the end of the question? So awkward. It’s good. Wankley is another Hutchison puppet.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Cant stand whateley.
Smug and opinionated.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Whately is just an AFL mouthpiece these days.
If the current AFL execs are thinking of a change, SHocking gives Gerard a call, they have a coffee to discuss hair brained ideas.
The next morning on SEN they're spruiking the ideas to the masses & get ol Blighty on to add his crazy ideas to the mix.
Agree Whately can GAGF.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Whately is just an AFL mouthpiece these days.
If the current AFL execs are thinking of a change, SHocking gives Gerard a call, they have a coffee to discuss hair brained ideas.
The next morning on SEN they're spruiking the ideas to the masses & get ol Blighty on to add his crazy ideas to the mix.
Agree Whately can GAGF.

Well they're all Geesook muppets