Craig Hutchinson aka Jabba the Hutchy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craig Hutchinson aka Jabba the Hutchy

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I am sick of this cliche whingeing we get from all & sundry, it's funny how, in the 1st 15 games last yr we played 6 at the 'G, 5 at Marvel & 4 Interstate yet nobody has even mentioned that, we'd also played 3 less "home" games than "away" games, that always evens up when everyone plays 11 of each every yr.
Also what never gets a mention is that when we play all of Pies/Hawks/Dees/Ess/Carl there is no advantage with the ground as all Clubs host games there as do Geelong, all up with the full 22 game fixture this yr we only play 6 non "mutual" games at the 'G but of course this gets completely overlooked.

They forget the years we sold home games.
They forget the seasons we would struggle to win 5 games.
They forget that we have been co-tennants with Collingwood and Melbourne for close to 40 years.
We all wont forget that Cornes is nothing more then a jock sniffer.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
They are all the same , they all talk the same topic all ask the same questions but try to out sensationalise each other.

The Richmond hate whilst a backhand compliment for the Tigers success is nigh on nauseating and bordering on derangement.

I'd rather watch the real Muppet Show,than these imitation muppets.

Pigs In Space, the Dr Teeth Band, The Swedish Chef, Dr Bunsen Honeydoo and Beaker in Muppet Labs, Miss Piggy grieviously assaulting Scooter, Kermit or Gonzo!! Id rather kick back and watch that. :))
How the media tended to operate on SEN over summer was someone would go on the 6am show & make a statement (i.e suggest a rule change idea) & all the hosts of each show thereafter spent the whole day discussing it & adding thier own idea's. it proves to me the AFL media being a 365 day a yr job for a sport that goes for 6 mths is a bit silly.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
They forget the years we sold home games.
They forget the seasons we would struggle to win 5 games.
They forget that we have been co-tennants with Collingwood and Melbourne for close to 40 years.
We all wont forget that Cornes is nothing more then a jock sniffer.
Funnily enough we had the exact same draw back in those days but nobody ever complained then...

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I am sick of this cliche whingeing we get from all & sundry, it's funny how, in the 1st 15 games last yr we played 6 at the 'G, 5 at Marvel & 4 Interstate yet nobody has even mentioned that, we'd also played 3 less "home" games than "away" games, that always evens up when everyone plays 11 of each every yr.
Also what never gets a mention is that when we play all of Pies/Hawks/Dees/Ess/Carl there is no advantage with the ground as all Clubs host games there as do Geelong, all up with the full 22 game fixture this yr we only play 6 non "mutual" games at the 'G but of course this gets completely overlooked.

I make this argument with fans of interstate teams all the time, but they just don’t get it. We get no home ground advantage playing at the G unless we’re playing an interstate team, which is usually 5 times per season. compared to their 10 times (excluding derbies). So, they get double the amount of games with home ground advantage.

And then when they come here, they only play on 2 different grounds for 9 Melbourne teams. When we play at team like Sydney or Port at Marvel, they actually play at Marvel more often than us every year. How is that fair? the advantages interstate teams get over the VIC teams is still pretty significant.

And then you have finals. If we host a Collingwood or a Hawthorn at the G in a final, both teams get the same amount of tickets, meaning there is no advantage again.

I once had a Hawks fan lamenting our game style, he was whinging about how we put so much pressure on so the opp can't get a decent disposal away & it made the game boring etc, yet had no issue with his sides boring sideways, short kick chip chip game style.... He went dead silent when i asked him what happens when we gain possession of the ball tho...

this guy doesn't understand our gameplan then. we don;t play the pressure game anymore.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Agree with Cornes. Also think Port Adelaide should play more home games at Marvel stadium.

Reactions: 1 user

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
I think the point last year was the draw fell so we had the last 7 or so weeks at the MCG.

Just a quirk of the draw that I'm sure was overlooked when it was released but an undoubted advantage.

We'll take our premiership and move on because I'm sure it will never happen again for any club.
No doubt TBR. It was weird that it wasn't picked up and at least one game flipped from earlier in the season to avoid this.
The annoying thing is when you hear the media and oppo fans implying that was the reason we won the flag and that we never leave the G.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think the point last year was the draw fell so we had the last 7 or so weeks at the MCG.

Just a quirk of the draw that I'm sure was overlooked when it was released but an undoubted advantage.

We'll take our premiership and move on because I'm sure it will never happen again for any club.
It happened for Collingwood in 2010, then they played four finals there, so their last 11 games were all at the G. Not a peep from anyone.

Richmond had 13 H&A games at the G last year. In 2012, Hawthorn had 17 of 22 H&A games at either the G or Tassie. In 2010 it was 16. In 2011, 2014 & 2017 it was 15. In 2008, 2009, 2016 it was 14. No one. Said. Anything.

Reactions: 6 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I don’t watch this stuff but it sounds like these donuts are swimming around in each others toilets. Let ‘em..

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I make this argument with fans of interstate teams all the time, but they just don’t get it. We get no home ground advantage playing at the G unless we’re playing an interstate team, which is usually 5 times per season. compared to their 10 times (excluding derbies). So, they get double the amount of games with home ground advantage.

And then when they come here, they only play on 2 different grounds for 9 Melbourne teams. When we play at team like Sydney or Port at Marvel, they actually play at Marvel more often than us every year. How is that fair? the advantages interstate teams get over the VIC teams is still pretty significant.

And then you have finals. If we host a Collingwood or a Hawthorn at the G in a final, both teams get the same amount of tickets, meaning there is no advantage again.

this guy doesn't understand our gameplan then. we don;t play the pressure game anymore.
The bloke was just salty, proven by him having a crack over our crowds & when i returned fire after 26k turned up to Burgoyne's 350th at the 'G his response was to "unfriend". He and another effectively took the trash out themselves by doing that. Funnily enough neither are even Members & do not attend games....
Makes our recent success all the more satisfying. it was amusing listening to them whinge about us making the game boring when none of thier 3peat Grand Finals were remotely entertaining games to watch....

As for your 1st point, just to add to it, around 16 yrs ago when we 6 straight Interstate Premiers the Vic home ground topic was never an issue yet the quota of games was exactly the same as it is now, the only difference then to now is the home base of the Premiers. You can try to explain that to them but as they say in the classics you can't educate a moron.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
No doubt TBR. It was weird that it wasn't picked up and at least one game flipped from earlier in the season to avoid this.
The annoying thing is when you hear the media and oppo fans implying that was the reason we won the flag and that we never leave the G.

Amusingly tho when you point out they are wrong with factual evidence they go MIA.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
SEN fully lost me on the week of GF . Absolute shocking bias BS agendas that week of the GF. Beyond annoying.
It was all about GWS this or that. Struggled to randomly tune in to hear anything about the Tiges.
Stuff 'em all. Hope they go broke and fold. F' em. Never tuned in since

Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
SEN fully lost me on the week of GF . Absolute shocking bias BS agendas that week of the GF. Beyond annoying.
It was all about GWS this or that. Struggled to randomly tune in to hear anything about the Tiges.
Not to mention the 2 week bye pre '18 Finals with them ramming down our throats thier view that "Clarkson will come up with something" to beat us & we won that game at a canter....

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008

I was exactly the same but then on thinking more about it as that week wore on I reckon the footy media as a whole felt we were going to win pretty easily as GWS firesd all their bullets in their prelim, so they were just trying to generate a bit of hype and get the Tiger fans all jacked up.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I was exactly the same but then on thinking more about it as that week wore on I reckon the footy media as a whole felt we were going to win pretty easily as GWS firesd all their bullets in their prelim, so they were just trying to generate a bit of hype and get the Tiger fans all jacked up.
true that, but the lack of respect was beyond the joke. All hype to promote the AFL frankstein formed club of 1st round picks. Rapt we trounced them!

fyi, had in mind what you mentioned but still didnt like the lack of coverage. To me felt like saying to SEN, Its a GF FFS give a balanced view to both clubs competing. The biggest game of the year!! I expected a bit more on GWS to promote them (via AFL directive imo) but it felt like 95+% or more radio time given to GWS

Reading posts here about Jabba only confirms my views of BS agendas continuing. Only show worth watching is the Front Bar. 360 is the pits but havent tried to watch anything else.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Footy confidential was one my favourite footy shows better then on the couch etc.
But Lloyd is unbearable. A dumbshit pretending to be smart.
Ross lyon and his quotes and one liners suck
McGuire just feeds his ego and uses the show as a platform to build and keep relationships.

*last night Caro asked Eddie "why didn't you defend Tony Jones when he came out so strongly that he heard what umpire Head said on the flight back from Perth"
But in typical Eddie fashion he dodged and came out with a soft 'i did defend Tony".
Caro didn't push the issue but you could see Eddie only defends what he thinks is important enough to defend.

Once again i will say it, we have more then 50 footy journos in Melbourne that have sweet FA to do.
And this is the result

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Not to mention the 2 week bye pre '18 Finals with them ramming down our throats thier view that "Clarkson will come up with something" to beat us & we won that game at a canter....
Yeah that was excruciating.

Oooh Clarko's gonna do this; ooooh Clarko's gonna do that; ooooh the Tigers better watch out for Clarko!!! Ooooh Clarko's the boogeyman!!

What a load of *smile*. We absolutely smacked them as I knew we would. Hawthorn has basically been *smile* since they won their last flag. I reckon their 2018 team was the worst top 4 team I can recall and they rightly got bundled out in straight sets without giving a yelp.

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Amusingly tho when you point out they are wrong with factual evidence they go MIA.
They certainly do! I have a nephew who is a huge Cats fan, who was very happy to talk footy for the past decade. When we beat them in the Prelim there were crickets and after the GF, it was nearly 2 weeks before I heard anything on a non-footy issue.

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
I do think that the GWS media cheering was initially part of a plan to give them some airtime. Then it became a nythical-like creature that lead to the 'experts' like Boomer Harvey, Brad Johnson, Gerard Healy, David King and Damo talk themselves into tipping the Giants, believing all the huff and puff.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Think most in the media were barracking for the Giants to beat us as they had pretty much all written us off multiple times during the year.
Mind you the media were biased against us all yr anyway, the commentary from the 1st Final last yr was basically done by the Lions Cheer Squad...