Craig McRae to Collingwood | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craig McRae to Collingwood

Leppitsch was quoted as saying “ I just don’t want to play that assistant coach guy that codes all the time and sits in the background …..I’m just sort of probably over that “

Yeah - the pies were old and stale, they had to do something and given Macrae is no longer at the tigers, it’s not our problem really.

The jury is still out on Rutten and Caracalla at Essendon - they still haven’t won a final and I don’t think they were that flash on the weekend.

We need to keep bringing in new and different ideas, there’s plenty a good coaches come through I am sure.
Essendon need to re work their list which they have started doing, and theyve picked up some handy juniors.

Lets not forget Caracella implemented the RFC game plan and Rutten re jigged our defence and gave Shorty the flick for Broad and instigated the new defensive wall which none could pass. Rance Dave Grimes Broad Vlastuin .... the foundation of our success for 4 years.

We also had a handy group of top end players in their peak also JR8, Cotchin, Trossman, Dusty, Dave, Bash, and Edwards, and handy aquisitions in Prestia Nank and Caddy.

The thing is you need the right playing personnel and team to execute a good winning game plan and the Scum haven't got that no matter how good the coach and assistants are

Reactions: 4 users
Well, it's official - Richmond's last 4 years were (and may continue to be) officially a dynasty.

You know you are a dynasty when everyone wants to steal your assistants, head of footy etc.

It always happens and I just take this as a compliment, everyone else wants to learn off the best.

Is Dimma hard to work with? Who knows. I reckon just about any successful head coach is going to be a right pain at times, you would have to be to keep pushing everyone to the limit to succeed.

The challenge for Richmond is to find a way forward and compete for more flags. We can lament the loss of valued contributors, or we can thank them for their service and look to find new contributors who will take us forward. Don't mind the idea of Teague at all.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
Facebook reporting Leppitsch as assistant / list manager role - if true would seem a different role to what he is used to

if Pies want to go 2018 Richmond,

then lets go 2022 Richmond.

This is where it gets exciting I reckon.

Keeping ahead of the perfect storm.

Keeping our spinnaker of success,

billowing.
Or do we throw a spanner in the works and go full 2017!

Reactions: 1 user
I love what Macrae and Leppitsch brought to the tiges but I would love even more Collingwood bottoming out under their tutelage.

I can't be negative about this. Fly is just a top man and a great coach who deserves the opportunity to be a senior coach. I just hope for his sake their club understands exactly where they are and give him the time and scope to do what needs to be done.

Reactions: 8 users
Had to laugh this evening. The Tommy n Timmy sports report on Channel AFL were all over the Scumwood have pinched Clarko's coaching apprentice hype.
Bloody Fly's been assistant coaching n VFL coaching for fourteen years. Done a couple of stints with the Tiggy's, plus Brisvegas, Scumwood n Coburg over the years, but he was master coach Clarko's apprentice FFS meedjia imbeciles.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Had to laugh this evening. The Tommy n Timmy sports report on Channel AFL were all over the Scumwood have pinched Clarko's coaching apprentice hype.
Bloody Fly's been assistant coaching n VFL coaching for fourteen years. Done a couple of stints with the Tiggy's, plus Brisvegas, Scumwood n Coburg over the years, but he was master coach Clarko's apprentice FFS meedjia imbeciles.

Hahaha yeah its funny. He was there for 1 year. Has been Dimmas apprentice for a lot longer than that.

I've really enjoyed listening to Leppa in the media this year. .... on SEN at the moment and choosing his responses carefully, but you could sort of tell the Fly announcement is imminent.
He'll be there in some capacity I reckon. Lucky bastards!

Btw... spoke glowingly of Adam Kingsley as many others have.