Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has the bowling improved or has batting declined. More the latter imo.
All the T20 cricket that is played now has got a bit do with it reckon.

Also they've been preparing more bowling/result friendly wickets the last couple of years. I not sure they really needed to go to the extreme that have.
They changed the points scoring system in shield cricket a few years back to get rid of the boring old draws, I thought that was a good move and was making for more results.

Forty six wickets fell on day two of the 3 shield games yesterday.

Last edited:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Vics batting crumbling…again….3/31 chasing 269. Zero chance.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Vics all out 130, a WA v TAS final.

The Vics scored under 200 in 8 innings out of 17 this season. Not good enough.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Our batting in shield ranks is not strong. But have you seen the pitches rolled out this week? They are very much bowling friendly wickets thus are having a big impact on scoring.
Oliver Davies got another 100+, 23 yo, got to be a chance for higher honors at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Vics all out 130, a WA v TAS final.

The Vics scored under 200 in 8 innings out of 17 this season. Not good enough.
They're batting Harper (first-class average of 26) at 6 and Sutherland (average 20) at 7. Good for development and allows them to play five bowlers but means the order can be brittle.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
WA have easily beaten Tassie to take out this years Sheffield shield.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Is Ollie Robinson the dumbest mf in world cricket?

England bowler Ollie Robinson thinks he and his teammates were unlucky to go down 4-1 to India in the recent away Test series.
"We were really close to reversing that result," Robinson told Sky Sports.

Yes.
In hindsight, they were pumped from go to whoa and were lucky it wasn't 0-5. If not for Pope's 196 in the First Test, it would have been - as it was, they only won that by 28 runs. For context, outside that innings, Pope made 119 runs for the series at 13.2.
I may have written this before, but it amazes me how these professional athletes are happy to look like such idiots and poor losers. Even if I genuinely felt that way, I would not make such statements in public. And when India flog us in Australia next summer, I hope our players don't do the same.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Nic Maddison going back to NSW. Josh Phillipe from WA joining him.
Funny, Maddison has never had much success with NSW. He only played 4 games this season but did well.

He's a tad overrated for mine, has never really done much in the BBL yet keeps getting contracts.

< Movies | Boxing >