Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Re: Cricket

....Perhaps the door's ajar for Hodge ? Would they give him a shot or return to Martyn ?

How important are the w/end Shield games (+ remainder of this test) ?....

5/215 Honours even thus far,if not slightly the WIndies way...Good test for Watson...

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

mk33 said:
kATICH OUT FOR 0
4/112

positions 4/5 are not solid at the moment
If Kattich fails in 2nd innings he should be replaced by Hodge in 2nd test.Disappointing knock by Clarke.

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne

When was the last time Clarke's knock wasn't disappointing? Thought he was supposed to be the next big thing ::)

They won't pick Hodge.

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield

Bevan injured at moment and 35
Been tried and untrusted, never forget or forgive the way he continued to get himself out in 97 Ashes, I know a long time ago but his papers were stamped then and so should anyone else who bats like that.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

mb64 said:
mk33 said:
kATICH OUT FOR 0
4/112

positions 4/5 are not solid at the moment
If Kattich fails in 2nd innings he should be replaced by Hodge in 2nd test.Disappointing knock by Clarke.

Agree Katich is a DUD hahahahahahaha and i will never forget his dummy spit when he got dropped and sooked to the media about favourtism in regard to being replaced by Boof Lehmann.
I'd still take Boofa over Katich he is a sook, and a dud.

Out Katich in Hussey at 6 or Hodgey or North or Rogers from WA

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Anduril said:
When was the last time Clarke's knock wasn't disappointing? Thought he was supposed to be the next big thing ::)

They won't pick Hodge.
We'll see.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Hodge deserves a chance. The middle order is broken and has been for some time. If Katich and/or Clarke fail in the second dig I can see one being rested for Hodge's opportunity. I'm not sure he's the answer though.
The holes are appearing in this once invincible Aussie batting lineup :-\.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Tigers of Old said:
Hodge deserves a chance. The middle order is broken and has been for some time. If Katich and/or Clarke fail in the second dig I can see one being rested for Hodge's opportunity. I'm not sure he's the answer though.
The holes are appearing in this once invincible Aussie batting lineup :-\.
Agree.
Raining at the moment so play will be delayed for some time.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Damn !! I have stayed up until midnight to have a look at the second day's play :'(

Is it raining that bad mb?

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

TC said:
Damn !! I have stayed up until midnight to have a look at the second day's play :'(

Is it raining that bad mb?
Not looking good TC,they are now showing a replay of yesterday.Looked like steady rain & not many people at the ground so maybe no play until late in the day.Hope your trip is going well.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Trip is going so nicely I missed the fact that it was the first day of a test series

It is something I get excited about every year, whoever the opposition

I better get to sleep then and try and catch the scores at the end of play

Thanks mate :clap

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

TC said:
Trip is going so nicely I missed the fact that it was the first day of a test series

It was a good day's cricket yeaterday so the rain is a real negative.Glad your trip's going well.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Sounds like Ponting silenced a few critics

Being abroad makes me realise how hard it is for Tiger fans not based in Melbourne

You just take for granted being able to rock up to the MCG

Not having cricket on the TV is not fun at all

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

TC said:
Sounds like Ponting silenced a few critics
Most of his critics have been re his captaincy not his batting.He is still yet to prove he will become a very good captain.Jury is out.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

TC said:

Sorry TC, don't ever rely on me for weather reports.They are playing & Aussies are 8/384.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

teams that tour Australia never seem to be able to clean up the tail.Windies were in a really good position.Looks like this test will be a blowout.

He's a good batsman Bing Lee.I reckon he should come in ahead of Warney.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

evo said:
teams that tour Australia never seem to be able to clean up the tail.Windies were in a really good position.Looks like this test will be a blowout.
If Windies don't make a reasonable 1st innings the test will be over very quickly.Even McGrath was playing a pull shot.

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne

rain?Its been bucketing down here this morning and its rally steaming,like a lygon st sauna...I,m tellin yas,those guys will be flat out getting some game time in today ...........

< NRL | Boxing >