Cris Yarran cant be SERIOUS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cris Yarran cant be SERIOUS

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
Reviving your career????? Bloody hell...so thats what you call it mate.....bloody great service Richmond footy club and Carlton got out of you NOT.... geez mate...I think you have spent your "get out of jail cards "....what club would be stupid enough to take a punt on you now ? I dont normally bag out sportsmen but you really take yourself too seriously......fair dinkum.....I dont know whether to laugh or put on a straight jacket and ring Uber to take me to the padded cell......help me out please Puntroadenders...... :helpp

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I bet he's got a heap of regret now about not being himself sorted too be part of this week.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Re: Chris Yarran cant be SERIOUS

Chris Yarran charged with assaulting a police officer after alleged car stealing spree in Perth

FORMER AFL footballer Chris Yarran has been charged with assault and obstruction in relation to a series of car crashes that took place in several suburbs overnight.

It has been alleged the 27-year-old stole a car, was involved in a crash, fled, stole another car then fled the scene again before being apprehended by police outside the Pan Pacific Hotel in Perth Friday night.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Althom said:
Multiple car jackings & assaults and gets bail????????????

Surely they know that he's had mental health issues, i wonder whether they did a mental health assessment on him.

"During an audio call to RPH yesterday for a scheduled bedside hearing, the Perth Magistrates Court was told Yarran was unable to be roused. The magistrate proceeded with the case in Yarran’s absence after the police did not oppose bail. The police prosecutor said Yarran had a limited criminal record with only one violent offence — one count of assault occasioning bodily harm from 2009 — against his name."

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/court-justice/former-afl-footballer-chris-yarran-charged-over-car-crashes-in-perth-ng-b881017927z

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I thought he’d found God and was on the straight and narrow.....

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
tigerman said:
Surely they know that he's had mental health issues, i wonder whether they did a mental health assessment on him.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/court-justice/former-afl-footballer-chris-yarran-charged-over-car-crashes-in-perth-ng-b881017927z
Was that before, during or after the chemical indulgence issues?
He's a famous ex footballer, someone will figure out how to get him a severe reprimand or parking fine in lieu of being treated like the rest of the community..

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
TigerMasochist said:
Was that before, during or after the chemical indulgence issues?
He's a famous ex footballer, someone will figure out how to get him a severe reprimand or parking fine in lieu of being treated like the rest of the community..

I'm gobsmacked that he got bale, considering that according to the newspaper article the magistrate was told that he was unable to be "roused".
I would have thought that they have a duty of care to the community and to Chris to assess him before he was given bale.