Crows Group Training - Sorry Not Sorry | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Crows Group Training - Sorry Not Sorry

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
The AFL is “furious” after the Adelaide Crows admitted to breaking the game’s strict COVID-19 biosecurity protocols during a secret camp.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...h/news-story/f919eddd3017aec69e8bdcd867968d0e

The Adelaide Crows have admitted to breaking AFL coronavirus protocols and have apologised for a group of 16 players training en masse.

The AFL has outlawed clubs from allowing players to train in groups of more than two people while Western Australia continues to hold out against the game’s push for teams to restart training.
With reports claiming the AFL is now pursuing a potential season restart in mid-June, many clubs have called back players from interstate under the understanding that clubs will soon begin training in large groups.
But the Crows appear to have jumped the gun. The club was reportedly been sprung housing 16 players in a Barossa Valley retreat where they have been accused of training together.

The 16 players and an assistant coach were reportedly a contingent of players called back to Adelaide from interstate in the past 48 hours.
The players were under direction to only train in pairs, but the club is now under investigation after witnesses claim the group of 16 players were busted training together in a large group.
On Friday morning, Adelaide Crows CEO Andrew Fagan admitted the club had made a mistake on SEN Breakfast .

“We know it’s a community issue and we are all expected to play our role in flattening the curve. That’s clear and we are not shying away from that,” Fagan said.

“We had 16 players return from interstate. We had approval from SA Police to train down at that facility which is a 20-acre facility, so it’s got some ability for the players to not just be in their rooms but to move around and do some running and training.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Probable response from the AFL.

Fine - $15-20K (Won't ever be paid due to COVID impact)

Reasonable response

All players, training staff, and coaches present suspended for one game OR
4 Premiership points docked

Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Pretty absurd. They organised 16 players from the same team to travel to a specific location and train there. Once caught out, they claim it was a mistake, whoopsie daisy, won't happen again.

Pretty big mistake.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I'd have sympathy if they were training in a group of 10 because that rule is ridiculous, but to gather 16 against the state conditions is just stupid.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think the AFL should come down hard to set an example to the other teams. they should be docked 2 premiership points.

i don't think a fine is appropriate for 2 reasons:
1. players and clubs have already lost enough money due to COVID-19.
2. they're gonna get fined by the SA cops anyway.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
I think you're all being too harsh...

If it were up to me, I'd allow the players involved to play all games for the rest of year BUT they can only stand on the field in a power pose at the ball-up starting positions and not move a muscle. They can glare all they like at the other teams racing past them, but they have to maintain the power pose.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Did they play the Richmond theme song at this training camp?

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Turns out an assistant coach and dietitian was with them the whole time. Seriously, when we broke that club in 2017, we broke it worse than anyone could have imagined. How Fagan has remained CEO throughout is beyond me

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
I think the AFL should come down hard to set an example to the other teams. they should be docked 2 premiership points.

Been cleared by the cops.
Suprise, suprise...

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The Adelaide Football Club is a shell of its former self across all areas.

They have not recovered, made peace with or dealt with 2017, they are broken dead set.

One of the leagues power Clubs its really listing.

The whole joint needs a clean out.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Maybe send them back to the Summer camp they went on after the 2017 GF.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Been cleared by the cops.
Suprise, suprise...
Asking around today it seems they were doing some interval work on a golf course and some other training in groups of 8.

Looks like they weren't breeching any of the 'ordinary' rules about training, just the AFL's two person limit nonsense.

If that's the case, no penalty required I wouldn't have thought.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Cant believe the AFL haven't got the balls to deduct premiership points off them.
Let them start this Clayton season off on -8 points.
Like Graig said we have destroyed this club

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
They already got their punishment in 2017.

I can't muster up the outrage to be upset about a football club training.

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
This is a disgrace. They should strip them of their 2017 premiership....oh, that's right, we alr ready did that :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Asking around today it seems they were doing some interval work on a golf course and some other training in groups of 8.

Looks like they weren't breeching any of the 'ordinary' rules about training, just the AFL's two person limit nonsense.

If that's the case, no penalty required I wouldn't have thought.
Disagree, even more so.
Two groups of 8 indicates a clear intention to disobey the rules.

In general the AFL sets the rules to play in the competition.

The crows, may feel that 8 people together is a safe way to train. It probably is.
The rules are necessarily arbitrary- 2 people or 10, 1.5metre distancing, 14 day quarantine (as you,ve experienced)
But a deliberate, pre-meditated and organised training session ?
The crows cant claim an innocent mistake.
They breached the competition rules, whether you or the crows agree with those rules is not a factor

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Disagree, even more so.
Two groups of 8 indicates a clear intention to disobey the rules.

In general the AFL sets the rules to play in the competition.

The crows, may feel that 8 people together is a safe way to train. It probably is.
The rules are necessarily arbitrary- 2 people or 10, 1.5metre distancing, 14 day quarantine (as you,ve experienced)
But a deliberate, pre-meditated and organised training session ?
The crows cant claim an innocent mistake.
They breached the competition rules, whether you or the crows agree with those rules is not a factor
Seriously the AFL should be sponsored by Tomtim pillows.
They're are soft as runny shiit.
I can't tell you how many times this week, let alone the previous month.
"Not more then 2 people"
Throw them out for the year