Crows Group Training - Sorry Not Sorry | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Crows Group Training - Sorry Not Sorry

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Disagree, even more so.
Two groups of 8 indicates a clear intention to disobey the rules.

In general the AFL sets the rules to play in the competition.

The crows, may feel that 8 people together is a safe way to train. It probably is.
The rules are necessarily arbitrary- 2 people or 10, 1.5metre distancing, 14 day quarantine (as you,ve experienced)
But a deliberate, pre-meditated and organised training session ?
The crows cant claim an innocent mistake.
They breached the competition rules, whether you or the crows agree with those rules is not a factor

Maybe 4 crow players equals one standard RFC player.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Disagree, even more so.
Two groups of 8 indicates a clear intention to disobey the rules.

In general the AFL sets the rules to play in the competition.

The crows, may feel that 8 people together is a safe way to train. It probably is.
The rules are necessarily arbitrary- 2 people or 10, 1.5metre distancing, 14 day quarantine (as you,ve experienced)
But a deliberate, pre-meditated and organised training session ?
The crows cant claim an innocent mistake.
They breached the competition rules, whether you or the crows agree with those rules is not a factor
I understand your point and yes rules are rules but I have sympathy for someone who breaks a ridiculous, arbitrary rule and does no harm.

The AFL all along has consistently and strongly said we are following the advice of the CHOs, and when the CHOs gave their update the AFL all of a sudden comes over the top because of some weird logic about a nonsensical competitive advantage.

If you look at all the inequities in the AFL, which is probably the most inequitable sporting competition in world professional sport by the way, then training in 10 vs 2 is probably the lowest of them. You don't get any fitter running with nine blokes than you do running with one. You don't mark, kick or handball any better with nine blokes than you do with one.

Unless the AFL is going to even out the draw or wander around and strip the rich clubs of all their equipment advantages then they should stay out of it.

The logic behind this decision would mean they need to start sending a memo if it rains in any state telling every club they have to do an indoor session that day. And they will need to find a way to climate control WA and Queensland as training in higher temperatures and enjoying better weather during the season is a clear training advantage.

Reactions: 1 user

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Just watched Matthew Nicks on Fox Footy. ...
I must say I find him a pretty straight up bloke to listen to. I hope the cut throat world of senior coaching doesn't turn him into a cynical, miserable, whinging old know it all like say..... Chris Scott!

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Probable response from the AFL.

Fine - $15-20K (Won't ever be paid due to COVID impact)

Reasonable response

All players, training staff, and coaches present suspended for one game OR
4 Premiership points docked

You can't suspend 16 players, if it was an individual player or only a couple of players that had gone rogue then yes, wipe them out for 10 weeks.
This was a club sanctioned, systematic breach and should be treated as such.

IMO club fine and loss of a highish draft pick would more than put everyone on notice.

A loss of premiership points will just improve Adelaide's lot at the draft table as they going to be in the lower reaches anyway.

PS, i wouldn't have been so fussed if it was just an AFL training breach as 10 people can meet outdoors in SA, but these players, returning from interstate, under current SA regulations are meant to be in isolation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I understand your point and yes rules are rules but I have sympathy for someone who breaks a ridiculous, arbitrary rule and does no harm.

The AFL all along has consistently and strongly said we are following the advice of the CHOs, and when the CHOs gave their update the AFL all of a sudden comes over the top because of some weird logic about a nonsensical competitive advantage.

If you look at all the inequities in the AFL, which is probably the most inequitable sporting competition in world professional sport by the way, then training in 10 vs 2 is probably the lowest of them. You don't get any fitter running with nine blokes than you do running with one. You don't mark, kick or handball any better with nine blokes than you do with one.

Unless the AFL is going to even out the draw or wander around and strip the rich clubs of all their equipment advantages then they should stay out of it.

The logic behind this decision would mean they need to start sending a memo if it rains in any state telling every club they have to do an indoor session that day. And they will need to find a way to climate control WA and Queensland as training in higher temperatures and enjoying better weather during the season is a clear training advantage.
Nah

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I must say I find him a pretty straight up bloke to listen to. I hope the cut throat world of senior coaching doesn't turn him into a cynical, miserable, whinging old know it all like say..... Chris Scott!
Don’t know if anything turned Scott, he was always a knob.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
You can't suspend 16 players, if it was an individual player or only a couple of players that had gone rogue then yes, wipe them out for 10 weeks.
This was a club sanctioned, systematic breach and should be treated as such.

IMO club fine and loss of a highish draft pick would more than put everyone on notice.

A loss of premiership points will just improve Adelaide's lot at the draft table as they going to be in the lower reaches anyway.

PS, i wouldn't have been so fussed if it was just an AFL training breach as 10 people can meet outdoors in SA, but these players, returning from interstate, under current SA regulations are meant to be in isolation.

Ouch, Adelaide just got hit with a lettuce leaf, i were waaaay off!!

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
One week ban, suspended sentence. Weak as brewer's p***. A joke. Makes the AFL look like they're smirking at the rules.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

151EA332-53FE-4BC3-9DF3-7FAF1C9460C6.jpeg

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ouch, Adelaide just got hit with a lettuce leaf, i were waaaay off!!
Wow, suspended an assistant coach who is likely stood down at the moment, or they can presumably replace him with another assistant coach who is stood down at the moment. And a suspended (ie: not happening) one match ban for the players.

Where was the fine, where was any sanction with an impact? Nowhere in sight.

Absolutely pathetic, and typical.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can i have a list of the 16 players suspended?
Who are they?
Modra
Liptak
Torney

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I can't muster up the outrage to be upset about a football club training.
I can muster up shitloads of outrage.

arrogant *smile* jeopardise the whole restart.

Im stoked Uncle Gil gave Hart another 6 weeks in solitary.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why are people shocked?
The AFL is as weak as pisss.
There have been breaches to the salary cap that have gone punished
Jayden Stephenson should've been suspended for 12 months.
What about the crap that went on at Adelaide's camp?
I can't understand why Gilligan has sooo much support outside of the AFL.
What has he done?
He announced a week into the season, the AFL was broke.
Clubs would be forced to cut list's and reduce its coaching group.
He has been the worse AFL CEO ive seen run the game.
At least Hamilton, Jackson and Demetriou had balls.