Daisy Pearce | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Daisy Pearce

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Put it in the What The Journos Say thread if you like. But anyway…

——————————————-

Daisy Pearce’s new career got off to a rocky start in round 1, with one club not permitting her to enter its rooms.

Scott Gullan
Follow
@gullanHeraldSun

3 min read
March 22, 2023 - 1:47PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Daisy Pearce’s new career move of juggling two hats has hit an early snag.
The former AFLW champion is this year combining her special comments work on Channel 7 with an assistant coaching job at Geelong.

But this got off to a rocky start on the opening night of the season when Pearce was banned from entering the Richmond changerooms.

Channel 7 likes to regularly put their on-air talent in the rooms either before games or afterwards but the Tigers made it clear Pearce was not welcome.

The move was not personality based, rather in keeping with the club’s philosophy that they’re not comfortable with having an opposition coach inside their inner sanctum.
It’s understood Richmond aren’t the only club with reservations although Carlton didn’t have an issue with Pearce being in the rooms for round 1.

The Melbourne premiership player had already made adjustments to her media career to cater for her new coaching arrangements in Chris Scott’s team.
She has stepped aside from the Friday night Seven team, instead moving to Thursday nights. Pearce had been promoted to the primetime seat after Wayne Carey was moved on last year.

Richmond legend Matthew Richardson has stepped up from his sideline role to take Pearce’s spot on Fridays alongside Luke Hodge, Brian Taylor and James Brayshaw.
Daisy Pearce was banned from entering the Richmond rooms. Picture: Getty Images
Daisy Pearce was banned from entering the Richmond rooms. Picture: Getty Images

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Good. They are our biggest competitors, we should ban her. If anyone plays the sexist card, I'll throw up.

She's an assistant coach because of her knowledge of the game, if you don't reckon she'd pick up 1% and take it back the Cats you are crazy.

Reactions: 24 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
SHocking and Pricky.....you two are more dumb than we thought.

No Pussies allowed in our changerooms.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I can't see why any club would allow an opposition assistant coach in the rooms, why would channel 7 think they would? No idea why Carlton did.

DS

Reactions: 10 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I can't see why any club would allow an opposition assistant coach in the rooms, why would channel 7 think they would? No idea why Carlton did.

DS
They may have thought she could give them some playing tips.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

DS

Even more so when they play the pussies this week. Are the rest of the 7 team on Thursdays too good to go into the rooms for a chat? You know, those that aren't employed by a rival club.

How anyone could support channel 7 on this would be astounding but you just know the AFL media will call us "precious" over this.

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Of course they shouldn't allow her in what on earth is 7 thinking they could do this.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Which part of

No pussies in our changerooms

Dont they understand?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Meanwhile SOS didn't think it was appropriate to be in the Ninthton rooms to honour his son racking up 100 mediocre games as he is now list manager at the Aints.

Reactions: 5 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Meanwhile SOS didn't think it was appropriate to be in the Ninthton rooms to honour his son racking up 100 mediocre games as he is now list manager at the Aints.

Good point and Daisy is in a role with a much larger conflict of interest than list manager.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Think that was more sour grapes though wasn’t it ? He was invited by Carlton to come in.

He’s a pretty bitter and defensive guy SOS.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I wasnt happy with Scott in Dimmas box to conceed the gabba gf.

Could we self-sponsor,

And sew '*smile* OFF GEELONG *smile*'

On our jumpers?

We should invite Matty Nicks into our rooms after the game this week, just to drive home the point

Reactions: 2 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I wasnt happy with Scott in Dimmas box to conceed the gabba gf.

Could we self-sponsor,

And sew '*smile* OFF GEELONG *smile*'

On our jumpers?
I might start a large multinational sporting goods company (no cheap and nasty *smile* like Reebok). I think I'll call it "*smile* OFF GEELONG *smile*". Then I'll make a massive sponsorship offer to RFC for;) primary jumper naming rights.
Thanks for the inspiration @eZyT !

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Only in the AFL clown world could someone think being an assistant coach at one club while simultaneously having a job in the media that requires you to go into the inner sanctum of your rivals be okay with everyone.

Reactions: 7 users

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
SOS didn't go into the Carlton rooms after the game on Thursday for the 100 game celebration of Jack.

The rest of the family were there but SOS stayed in his car in the carpark. Thought it wasn't right as he is now with the Saints.

His decision apparently according to ABC radio.

Reactions: 1 users