• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Damian Barrett

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
TOT70 said:
If Richmond need more big names.........

They should select Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Riley Collier-Dawkins and Callum Coleman-Jones!
Nicely done! :clap

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
amc11 said:
I usually cannot bring myself to listen to the podcast he does on the main afl page unless there is a guest I really want to hear their views on different topics or they have a very distinct Tiger flavour and that is the case this week. Shaun Grigg is his guest and I really enjoyed listening to Grigga :clap
Was a good interview. He is quite good at getting the best out of his guest

percyms

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
You all need to read the story just broke on news.com front page re Barret accusing Brian Taylor of bugging opposition room when captain coach of a VFA teram in early 90's. He broke this live on air and Taylor was there. Reckon he wud have punched him if he cud. Barret would have been crapping his pants but went ahead with the story anyway......

Tiger_Fury_69

Why do I even bother?
Mar 3, 2004
Tigerland
You all need to read the story just broke on news.com front page re Barret accusing Brian Taylor of bugging opposition room when captain coach of a VFA teram in early 90's. He broke this live on air and Taylor was there. Reckon he wud have punched him if he cud. Barret would have been crapping his pants but went ahead with the story anyway......
These **** smacks need to stop talking about themselves and focus on the game they are suppose to be broadcasting.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017 ! Go Tiges in 2019 !
Aug 27, 2003
RFC

AFL newsbreaker Damian Barrett has dropped a bombshell on Brian Taylor
He’s the larger than life figure in the AFL media world, but a story 27 years in the making has just broken, leaving him seething.

James McKern
@jLmcKern

news.com.auJune 29, 20195:15pm

Brian Taylor is one of the most imposing men in the football media landscape with his command over the microphone and cameras.
But he was put on the back foot on Saturday afternoon when newsbreaker Damian Barrett shared a story he said was 27 years in the making that alleged Taylor had bugged another team’s rooms during the season.
“We’re going to go back to 1991-92 when a certain big profiled, big character was captain-coaching a club in the then VFA,” Barrett said on Triple M’s Saturday Rub before being cut off by Taylor.
“Damo I have told you since 1991 that this is not true, this is just a made up flimsy operational story. I have legal people,” Taylor said.
“I have dealt with your legal threats with this seriously over the years,” Barrett replied.
“I am now going to ignore them.”

Barrett then welcomed John Clarkson onto the show. Back in the days Clarkson was the runner for Prahran when Taylor was the captain-coach.
“The great man always had a point of difference there’s no doubt about that. Back in that era he’d just come from his illustrious career at Collingwood,” Clarkson began.
“You did a few more experimental things that are probably not the norm now, but we worked on a theory coming up against (bleeped out) who were our nemesis to say the least.

“We need to get a bit of intel of what’s going on so we could prepare the best. So we did record a bit of information from their pre-game situation when the coach was addressing the players.
“We laid it out beautifully we had all the game plan, all the maneouvers, all the match-ups. It went absolutely swimmingly but we had one minor detail, at quarter time we were six-goals down.”
Barrett then pressed Clarkson on just how the alleged bugging of the opposition took place and how the recording devices were used.
“It wasn’t exactly high speed technology, basically a little speaker that you’d be able to buy at JB Hi-Fi for $5,” he said.
“They weren’t that discreet and it wasn’t the greatest of surveillance.”
As the tale began to wrap up, Barrett wanted one final confirmation that Taylor had bugged the opposition.
“Just to back over this so there’s no ambiguity about what happened here, he bugged the dressing room of an opposition before he played the game in the VFA?” Barrett asked.
“I’m sure he’ll verify it Damo,” Clarkson responded.

After sitting and listening to the entire story unfold, the Triple M box exploded with Taylor slamming the story as a complete fabrication.
“You have legitimately cheated, you bugged an opposition coach’s box” Wayne Carey said.
“Just a couple of minor things. I have never heard of John Clarkson and secondly I totally refute and deny all of your allegations,” Taylor responded.
Billy Brownless, James Brayshaw and Carey were all left in disbelief as Taylor continued to defend himself against the, as he says, false story.
“I’m telling you now Damo, there’s going to be repercussions over this,” Taylor said.
“There will be. You might be disbarred, you might lose your radio license,” Barrett replied.
“You might not ever be able to coach again,” Carey added.
Brayshaw pressed Taylor on just how the information was being used considering he was playing at full forward throughout the game.
“Brian, how were you using this information when you were a captain-coach and you were on the ground?” Brayshaw asked.
“I deny that I was involved in any such allegations, I don’t know who John Clarkson is and it’s even debatable as to whether I was the coach at that time,” Taylor responded.
Despite Taylor’s constant claims the story was false, Barrett stated he would put his name to the story and back it in.
“This is a serious allegation,” Taylor said.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
It's got to be a beat up doesn't it??

It's funny though, cause they are that far removed from the average supporter they don't realise no thinks or cares about BT. Especially what he got up to 20 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user

percyms

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
I see now that Collingwood have a few injuries that it's now a big story in Barrets eyes. Gee this bloke is a flog..

percyms

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
Seriously - this idiot now has Eggy as a fwd.. Does he do any research at all...

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Open up the footy record and brainstorming Damian wants to export the Adelaide showdown to the MCG. Wants financial support, marketing, SA to get behind it, inducement for them to travel, in order to get a a 70k crowd.
Uses the NRL State of Origin as an example of why this would work.

I concur. China has been inmensely successful. The AFL led by media giants such as Damian are really hitting all the right keys. We are lucky to have forward thinkers leading our game.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Open up the footy record and brainstorming Damian wants to export the Adelaide showdown to the MCG. Wants financial support, marketing, SA to get behind it, inducement for them to travel, in order to get a a 70k crowd.
Haaarrrgh. Syd Barrett on fire.
Nearly all the S.A. fans would stay home to watch the game on t.v. ( a few might take annual leave n visit a foreign state ). Vic fans wouldn't bother turning up to watch the game as it's not State of Origin's arse wipe.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

I concur. China has been inmensely successful. The AFL led by media giants such as Damian are really hitting all the right keys. We are lucky to have forward thinkers leading our game.
Is just doing the promo for his puppeteer Craig Hutchison. Wild card finalists etc are all the obsession of Hutchinson.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights

So getting an extra 15000 makes it worth the trouble?
For NRL it makes sense as one neutrall ground in best of three but they don't do it every year, they respect their core supporters.

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Haaarrrgh. Syd Barrett on fire.
Nearly all the S.A. fans would stay home to watch the game on t.v. ( a few might take annual leave n visit a foreign state ). Vic fans wouldn't bother turning up to watch the game as it's not State of Origin's arse wipe.
Don't insult Syd Barrett, he was way more sane than Damian.

DS

percyms

Tiger Superstar
Feb 24, 2008
I seriously cant stand this absolute wanker - just read his article on AFL page this morning (i shud know better) and the only game / flogging he did not mention was the Tigers game. He must hate them so much. Please please please let the Tigers win another prmeiership this year just to shut the idiot up.... he was of course talking up Nth. hahahahaha