Damian Barrett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damian Barrett

RoarEmotion

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 20, 2005
The amusing part of the now deleted post is that despite all the tripe about every club having a similar thread and how he is happy with the attention, there wasn't a statement that he doesn't pick on Richmond or deliberately go negative with us.

It's pretty clear he gets the attention and clicks he wants for contract negotiations by going negative at Richmond.
Yep we can attribute his approach to being a Richmond hater or a click bait generator. I’d follow the money to find the answer. As I’m finding out in my separation this year words don’t mean much to many when money is involved.

Reactions: 2 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Canberra
Yep we can attribute his approach to being a Richmond hater or a click bait generator. I’d follow the money to find the answer. As I’m finding out in my separation this year words don’t mean much to many when money is involved.
As the saying goes, Judge a man (person) by their actions, not by their words!

This applies to each of the last two posts.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
TBR was within his rights to delete, we've all posted *smile* we've regretted. I'm just sorry I didn't read it before you deleted it. Barrett is tedious in his anti-Richmondness - but it's good to keep proving him wrong time and time again.

Keep tipping anyone who plays Richmond Barrett you flog!!

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
TBR was within his rights to delete, we've all posted **** we've regretted. I'm just sorry I didn't read it before you deleted it. Barrett is tedious in his anti-Richmondness - but it's good to keep proving him wrong time and time again.

Keep tipping anyone who plays Richmond Barrett you flog!!
If you ask any journalist or commentator if they have a bias towards or against a particular club they’ll deny it. I do respect Mark Maclure for openly admitting he loathes Richmond, even then he had some complimentary things to say about our players this year. Parrot’s entire reputation is built on being able to *smile* people off, and he does that very well. Not a skill I’d be particularly proud to own, but he’s done well out of it.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If you ask any journalist or commentator if they have a bias towards or against a particular club they’ll deny it. I do respect Mark Maclure for openly admitting he loathes Richmond, even then he had some complimentary things to say about our players this year. Parrot’s entire reputation is built on being able to **** people off, and he does that very well. Not a skill I’d be particularly proud to own, but he’s done well out of it.
yeah, I'm sure you are right. it's how you make money these days. Just say controversial stuff every week.

tigers1980

Tiger Rookie
Apr 24, 2012
Put simply can't play the game and knows next to nothing about it.
Has to be the most clueless journalist in the industry.

• Love

frickenel

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2003
Chirnside Park
www.planetecho.com.au
There are so many journalists not just in sport, but in politics, ecomomics and general news reporting who are so lazy and unskilled at their job that they must be an inspiration to any low IQ fool as to what status can be achieved by an abject imbicile.

Too many are trying to make the news rather than report on it.

Parrot's spittle spraying rant about our potential compensation pick for Brando made literally no intellectual sense at all. Where we finish on the ladder should have no bearing on the pick we get if the AFL is runinng a fair dinkum competition (which it obviously isn't). As i've posted earlier, using Parrot's logic, the AFL should just take any pick off us under pick 70 simply because we're too good.

The irony is that we'd probably pick up another 4 premiership players in the one rookie draft as we did in 2015.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“IF the Blues botched the Afl trade period in failing to snare Papley and Martin

THEN it won’t matter come round 1 next year when Eddie back in the navy blue and 90000 in the MCG house to take on the reigning premiers.”

Oh Damo.....

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
“IF the Blues botched the Afl trade period in failing to snare Papley and Martin

THEN it won’t matter come round 1 next year when Eddie back in the navy blue and 90000 in the MCG house to take on the reigning premiers.”

Oh Damo.....
Indeed. Carlton must be so happy they get us first round before we've clicked into gear so we only usually beat by 20-40 points.

Damo did get this right though..

Essendon

If retaining Joe and Orazio was "Mission accomplished", as per the official Bombers' social media offering on Wednesday night ...
then wake up. Both players were in the leadership group and both were desperate to get out. What does that say? And where have they actually taken you, anyway? Not to a finals win. When players want out, get 'em out, make deals that suit YOUR club, and move on.