I listened to Peggy's speech from the b&f to see if she mentioned or backed in hardwick as she continually has..... she didn't,... there's still hope.
Baron Samedi said:this situation will continue as long as the head coach remains.
thejinx said:I also have a sneaking suspicion, based on nothing of course, that Hardwick's days may be numbered.
I just can't fathom the idea that the decision makers at the club would think that continuing with Hardwick would be a good idea. I can't think of any positives in keeping him.
rokkafella said:I really hope your right jinx,
I'm starting to lose hope it's going to happen this off season though.
Think we're gonna have to wait until 2018.
Argh!!!
thejinx said:I also have a sneaking suspicion, based on nothing of course, that Hardwick's days may be numbered.
I just can't fathom the idea that the decision makers at the club would think that continuing with Hardwick would be a good idea. I can't think of any positives in keeping him.
mappa was getting stuck into beverage last week only to be proven WRONGasian tetley said:Ok, let's hold onto him.
Watched an interview with Beveridge the other night.
Wow, he's impressive too.
Just leaves Hardwick for dead.
And to think only last week comparisons were being made between Hardwick & Beveridge on PRE.
Laughable.
spook said:Of course Beveridge doesn't look for excuses - his team gets more frees than anyone, despite the fact they throw the ball 50 times a game and cheat duck into every tackle.
Not sure about losing two of their best four two years ago? Griffen and who else? Ward was 5-6 years ago and they got Macrae for him. They also got Libba for pick 40 in the compromised draft.
They look great playing zippy cheatball indoors but have zero key position players and will be exposed in finals at the G. They haven't won a final, and won't again this year. Boyd's contract will prove an albatross - in fact it already has, which is why they're trying to offload him and get Cloke.
I hate them. Most overrated team in the comp.
#sackhardwick
Exactly.NK14 said:Now start counting the collateral cost of making him comfortable with a 2 year contract extension.
Weigh up his payout against the loss of prime time games. Drop in memberships (at least by one...me).
Players wanting out...players not wanting in.
$1.3m seems a bargain if done now to put an end to this self-inflicted farce.
Totally agree. You can wipe my 3 memberships off their revenue next year also!asian tetley said:Exactly.
And so predictable.
A Board & a CEO responsible for one of the dumbest decisions in the clubs history, the Hardwick extension.
A Board & a CEO who refused, for years,to instigate a proper review despite three elimination final failures.
A Board & a CEO who neglected the core business, the football department.
Yet they continue the spin about their financial heroics.
Now the reality is beginning to become apparent for all to see.
Less Friday night coverage ,less memberships , less revenue.
This administration is a joke.