Damien Hardwick On SEN This Morning | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick On SEN This Morning

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
Denham just gave us a wrap saying we are flying on the track and doing things that other clubs haven't been - sounds like the gameplan's starting to sink in!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
puregreen said:
Denham just gave us a wrap saying we are flying on the track and doing things that other clubs haven't been - sounds like the gameplan's starting to sink in!
I think he was taking the *smile* out of KB.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
*Giving younger talent a go in Darwin
*Similar format to last year in regards to Match practice.Difference to last year is the better understanding of the game plan 12 mnths on.
*Players picking up on their own mistakes.
*Expect expectations to rise.No more loyal and passionate supporters than the Richmond supporters.
*On everyones fav player.Brad Miller.Got him to guide the younger Kp group.Adds leadership.
*On Grigg,Lost a quality kid in Collins but felt Grigg will give us more value inparticular in the mid.
*Not focused on how many games we win,But more on improving the group and also no blowouts in games.
*On Foley and mids.Practically a 1st rnd draft pick.Thinks our mids are the strength of our team.
*All on the park with just a couple border line for Nab cup
*Expecting big things of taylor.Will take time.
*Slimming Jack down is to do with getting his mobility back also to play him as a mid-fwd and develop a F/Fwd from another.
*Graham developed well last year.Expect him to develop further this year.
*Martin copped a fair whack coming back in Nov.But was a standout in the praccy match.Has learnt his lesson.

Thats about it.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
*Giving younger talent a go in Darwin
*Similar format to last year in regards to Match practice.Difference to last year is the better understanding of the game plan 12 mnths on.
*Players picking up on their own mistakes.
*Expect expectations to rise.No more loyal and passionate supporters than the Richmond supporters.
*On everyones fav player.Brad Miller.Got him to guide the younger Kp group.Adds leadership.
*On Grigg,Lost a quality kid in Collins but felt Grigg will give us more value inparticular in the mid.
*Not focused on how many games we win,But more on improving the group and also no blowouts in games.
*On Foley and mids.Practically a 1st rnd draft pick.Thinks our mids are the strength of our team.
*All on the park with just a couple border line for Nab cup
*Expecting big things of taylor.Will take time.
*Slimming Jack down is to do with getting his mobility back also to play him as a mid-fwd and develop a F/Fwd from another.
*Graham developed well last year.Expect him to develop further this year.
*Martin copped a fair whack coming back in Nov.But was a standout in the praccy match.Has learnt his lesson.

Thats about it.

This just doesn't make sense. Riewoldt is the reigning Coleman medalist and and our best attacking option and Hardwick wants to play him further up the ground?

I can see this move backfiring badly and Riewoldt reverting to a similar role as last year by midseason and desperately trying to add more bulk so he stops getting pushed around by defenders.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Does that mean Vickery or Griffiths will play deep forward & Post or Miller CHF & Riewoldt will float where he likes could be dangerous if the other tall forwards can stand up?

Mr Pumblechook

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2004
TigerFurious said:
I can see this move backfiring badly and Riewoldt reverting to a similar role as last year by midseason and desperately trying to add more bulk so he stops getting pushed around by defenders.

I read something somewhere recently (Hardwick? Hornesby?), that said that weight doesn't equate to strength, and that they are still working on increasing Jack's strength, but losing excess weight to increase mobility.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerFurious said:
This just doesn't make sense. Riewoldt is the reigning Coleman medalist and and our best attacking option and Hardwick wants to play him further up the ground?

I heard DH comment recently that he's thinking of CHF when he mentions a bit more up the ground.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:

Learning from past mistakes perhaps Re:Richo.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The days of set positions in the forward line are going or almost gone. Really Fevola , Bradshaw and Hall are the only stay at home full forwards left .Towards the end of 2010 the opposition was dropping back defenders and a ruckman to block the space in front of Jack and he was finding himself constantly battling 2 or 3 defenders . We need to become less predictable and have other options and I suspect that is what Hardwick is aiming for with this . Giving Jack more freedom of movement in the forward line and allowing Griffiths , Post etc to drop back closer to goal . Also if Vickery is seen as a forward option he would be better suited to FF than CHF I would think , like the role Tippet plays.

The other key to this is speed of movement of the ball into the forward line and thats why we needed more outside runners with good delivery.

doherz

Tiger Superstar
Apr 24, 2004
Tigerland
www.informtech.com.au
TigerFurious said:

and desperately trying to add more bulk so he stops getting pushed around by defenders.

and then getting an injury because of it ::)