Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Obviously I don't live there like you but I've never heard them whinge about until those few days in March last year. They're always crowing about how great it is. Then in summer it pisses down nearly every day and races are either abandoned or run on a heavy 10.
Give us a spell Chalky. We had a shocking Spring and December and January (very high rainfall numbers) after another torrid Winter. 3rd in a row.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Give us a spell Chalky. We had a shocking Spring and December and January (very high rainfall numbers) after another torrid Winter. 3rd in a row.
Go and have a snooze Abe. Not defending Melbourne's crappy weather; just pointing out the folly of all and sundry who claim how great it is in QLD. Hardly had a drop of rain since the end of January (except for the tornado that tore through and caused the blackout :mhihi). Dry as a chip. Anyway you love it up there so put on your long white socks, pull up your shorts and head up to Southport with all the other ex-Victorian retirees.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Go and have a snooze Abe. Not defending Melbourne's crappy weather; just pointing out the folly of all and sundry who claim how great it is in QLD. Hardly had a drop of rain since the end of January (except for the tornado that tore through and caused the blackout :mhihi). Dry as a chip. Anyway you love it up there so put on your long white socks, pull up your shorts and head up to Southport with all the other ex-Victorian retirees.
Melbourne’s best weather has been quarantined to March-May the last few years. The other 9 months has been rubbish. Acknowledging Queensland Summer’s suck, that still leaves them with 9 decent months, 6 more than us.

Now get out of the retirement village, put some sunscreen on Chalky, and get out there and enjoy it while it lasts.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Now get out of the retirement village, put some sunscreen on Chalky, and get out there and enjoy it while it lasts.
Will do Abe. Just finished my knee exercises and taken my arthritis pills. I'll drop by your little villa on the way and borrow that hat you keep on the parcel shelf of your 1985 Volvo sedan if that's okay?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Obviously I don't live there like you but I've never heard them whinge about until those few days in March last year. They're always crowing about how great it is. Then in summer it pisses down nearly every day and races are either abandoned or run on a heavy 10.

Victorians who move to the Gold Coast,

get a pretty big shock when they realise they live with 5 million Queenslanders

who dont understand footy and wont take your coffee order from your table.

and that they're all Queenslanders.

ive been up here 35 years.

it never goes away.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I’m planning on joining them too but not the Goldie though. Victoria for me is no longer the place to be.
You are welcome to join me at beautiful Mermaid Waters.
You would be living a 1990 life style
It’s awesome
Better than what 2024 Melbourne style

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Victorians who move to the Gold Coast,

get a pretty big shock when they realise they live with 5 million Queenslanders

who dont understand footy and wont take your coffee order from your table.

and that they're all Queenslanders.

ive been up here 35 years.

it never goes away.
You live in the wrong part of QLD
Mermaid Waters is awesome

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
You live in the wrong part of QLD
Mermaid Waters is awesome
I’m looking to head south to Hobart or home to Ireland (can’t convince the misses though). Had a health scare three years ago and the medication I’m on now really plays havoc when it gets hot. This weekend is kicking my a….

My work used to send me around the country, spending 6 to 8 months at a time in each state. Spent summers in Perth and Brisbane and loved the weather. Now I struggle with Melbourne summers. “Poor , poor, pitiful me.”

Reactions: 1 user