Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Seeing the post of Figgster in the US with Captain America prompted the following thought...

Dimma: Goes to the US to learn from management gurus, top level sporting coaches and managers, and changes his style and approach accordingly
Figgy: Goes to the US because that is what Dimma did, stops in at the airport bookstore to look for more intel on how Richmond did "it" and buys every Alex Rance book he can find
Salty: Goes to the US, and tells them they are wrong

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is there anything George cannot do zips? (Maybe kick goals vs GWS is it)

We are the caring club. We didn’t want gws to be the team to have the GWM kicked against them.
If Castagnafield was told to kicked those shots we would’ve beaten them by 130

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Seeing the post of Figgster in the US with Captain America prompted the following thought...

Dimma: Goes to the US to learn from management gurus, top level sporting coaches and managers, and changes his style and approach accordingly
Figgy: Goes to the US because that is what Dimma did, stops in at the airport bookstore to look for more intel on how Richmond did "it" and buys every Alex Rance book he can find
Salty: Goes to the US, and tells them they are wrong
:mhihi Imagine Pricky doing that in the US. I don't think he's got the guts.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
"Composure at the forward end cost us all night. Composure at the back end cost us late, as well."

"We had opportunities where I thought we could have scored but went too quick inside forward 50. We spoke about it all day and we just couldn't adhere to the plan."

"At the back end, composure hurt us again. We just rushed the ball and lost our sense of what we were trying to achieve."

That was just the first 30 seconds of the coach's presser on Sunday night ... it was an impressive performance straight after the game.

You could tell he was seething but he answered every question respectfully and nailed every single issue. I suspect there will be a rigorous focus on righting some wrongs in the second half of the season.

We are (still) such a good side and it kills all of us to see games like Sunday's dropped, when, in our heart of hearts, we all know we are so much better than West Coast.

Also, a shout out the WA press. Excellent questions and respectfully asked. Some of the peanuts over here could learn a thing or two from them.

Reactions: 19 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
West Coast are a better team - they beat us. when will the arrogance end. you are only as good as your last game. deal with it.

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
West Coast are a better team - they beat us. when will the arrogance end. you are only as good as your last game. deal with it.
That's a pretty simplistic take.

Is Collingwood a better team than Melbourne? Are North Melbourne and GWS identical in quality?

Lots of variables conspire to create a two-point result ... it's certainly not a compelling endorsement of the winner's superiority.

You could tell in Hardwick's demeanour that he felt we gifted the points to an inferior opposition.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

Flip a coin 3 times and tell me which side had the better outcome. I’ve always wanted to know if heads or tails is better.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Flip a coin 3 times and tell me which side had the better outcome. I’ve always wanted to know if heads or tails is better.
Tails is regarded as the most likely out come as heads is the heavier side and most likely to fall onto the heavier side during coin tosses.
I always pick tails.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
After the effort against St Kilda, it will be very interesting to see how Dimma goes about getting the team up for the remainder of the season.
It's not over yet, but geez, it's gonna be hard work to have an impact at the pointy end of the season.
Tigers can't afford to dish up performances like they did tonight. Was rubbish from a team that has dominated the competition the past four years.
Seems that the hunger and pride are going to be the biggest things Hardwick needs to concentrate on.
Plus, it might be time to start blooding some of the younger players and getting some game time into them. Need to see how deep this list goes as there could/should be a number of changes to the list over the summer.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
After the effort against St Kilda, it will be very interesting to see how Dimma goes about getting the team up for the remainder of the season.
It's not over yet, but geez, it's gonna be hard work to have an impact at the pointy end of the season.
Tigers can't afford to dish up performances like they did tonight. Was rubbish from a team that has dominated the competition the past four years.
Seems that the hunger and pride are going to be the biggest things Hardwick needs to concentrate on.
Plus, it might be time to start blooding some of the younger players and getting some game time into them. Need to see how deep this list goes as there could/should be a number of changes to the list over the summer.

Know what you’re saying BT but there are cross purposes in playing the kids and still expecting to impact in September.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Know what you’re saying BT but there are cross purposes in playing the kids and still expecting to impact in September.
That's a fair point, Carts. And you're more right about that than I am.
Just reckon now that it might be time to get games into fringe players to see what they have to offer.
And the optimist in me is always wanting to believe that the Tigers can pull off the three-peat, no matter the configuration of players.
Guess I am, just like many others, a little stunned in what I witnessed tonight against a team I don't rate that highly.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Just reckon now that it might be time to get games into fringe players to see what they have to offer.
And the optimist in me is always wanting to believe that the Tigers can pull off the three-peat, no matter the configuration of players.
Guess I am, just like many others, a little stunned in what I witnessed tonight against a team I don't rate that highly.

Yep I hear you mate.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Seems Dimma a bit lost must be missing Leppitsch McRae Caracalla & the guidance of Mrs Dimma

Reactions: 3 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
There's little chance of that. Melbourne or the Paddle Pops would have smacked us defensively like that and won by over a hundred tonight.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Back to the drawing board.
Any chance we can pull out 2017 game plan

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
He looks like a coach bereft of ideas.
Big decisions to be made at seasons end.