Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

When Dimma told a press conference Dusty has his blessing to do as he sees fit, he wasn't talking to the media. Or the fans. He was talking to the young man he has been a second father to for more than a dozen years, who is still grieving the loss of his first father. Damien Hardwick said to his boy, "Whatever you do, I love you. You've lost your dad, mate. I know you're devastated. But you'll always have me. Always."

Compare and contrast:
*Come to Sydney, Dusty. You'll inherit Buddy's mantle of the face of footy in the Harbour City.*
*Come to the Giants, Dusty. You'll be the face of the AFL's expansionist push into heathen territory.*
*I just want you to be happy, son. You have my love and support for life.*

• Love
Reactions: 34 users
When Dimma told a press conference Dusty has his blessing to do as he sees fit, he wasn't talking to the media. Or the fans. He was talking to the young man he has been a second father to for more than a dozen years, who is still grieving the loss of his first father. Damien Hardwick said to his boy, "Whatever you do, I love you. You've lost your dad, mate. I know you're devastated. But you'll always have me. Always."

Compare and contrast:
*Come to Sydney, Dusty. You'll inherit Buddy's mantle of the face of footy in the Harbour City.*
*Come to the Giants, Dusty. You'll be the face of the AFL's expansionist push into heathen territory.*
At last, someone gets it, well done Spook

Reactions: 6 users
Our coach is brutally honest,always has been,
Hate marvel stadium.
If I'm honest picketts guilty.
In saying this,giving a honest answer if he wanted out,I would give my blessings,
Does not mean we wouldn't want fair compensation according to what tigers rate Dusty.

Lets hope this "talk" and the Essendon public humiliation and ridicule does not distract is from 4 VERY important points. Post this game we can leapfrog those around the same position and really have a TILT

One more Gran Final - one more grand Final win with this 29-33 yo crop.

Reactions: 1 users
Ralph Malph reckons that if we trade Dusty to Sydney we should also pay some of his salary :rotfl2:rotfl2
this bloke has become a combine of himself and that jerk that got the boot Tom Morris

double idiot

It is only a story because the football media desperately want Dusty to leave the Tigers. They are sick of him dominating for us. Richmond is despised and Dusty is liked so the media want the two disassociated.

IMO, Dusty is going nowhere.

Reactions: 7 users
Regardless of is he leaving or not by saying the comments he did will only cause speculation all season now or until Dusty himself says something.

I know he meant well & was looking after Dustin's interests, but I wonder if he had his time again.

Good way to regenerate a list. Trade an all time great for some younger talent, create salary cap space.
The fall of the club, I feel, will be hard when we lose all of Cotchin, Reiwoldt and Dusty. As a coach, that'd be rebuild time normally. Unless you can bring in A grade talent to replace them.....

Reactions: 1 user

Compare and contrast:
Disagree. While it is certainly possible that this was what he intended it is difficult to believe that he is so naive.
Instead of clean air he has managed to provide hours upon hours of speculation for the media and lots more grief for those most closely involved.
Dusty included.

Last edited:
It’s a bizarre scenario that’s a terrible example of todays media and society.

Starts off with ”Dusty is going nowhere.”

”What? Dusty is leaving?”

”Dusty is going to Sydney?”

”Dimma wants to trade Dusty.”

”Sydney will trade their first pick for Dusty.”

”Dusty hates Richmond.”

”GWS have offered him a 5 year deal.”

Just pathetic. I’ll bet my left nad (I’ve already lost my right one from a previous bet) that he stays.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Disagree. While it is certainly possible that this was what he intended it is difficult to believe that he is so neieve.
Instead of clean air he has managed to provide hours upon hours of speculation for the media and lots more grief for those most closely involved.
Dusty included.
Think Balmey adds the context.

Reactions: 2 users
Good way to regenerate a list. Trade an all time great for some younger talent, create salary cap space.
The fall of the club, I feel, will be hard when we lose all of Cotchin, Reiwoldt and Dusty. As a coach, that'd be rebuild time normally. Unless you can bring in A grade talent to replace them.....
I get that from a rational, *Sabremetrics* POV, D-Gen. On the surface, trading a 31-year-old for say, Tom Green and Finn Callaghan, is no-brainer #GoodFootyBusiness. But still, I could only countenance it if Dusty were adamant he needed to go. It's Dustin Martin.

Compare and contrast:

Agree that that was probably the sentiment. Just not sure it needed to be conveyed publicly. Dimma's an experienced enough operator to know how this would be spun regardless of his good intentions.

Reactions: 1 users