Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
A
Yeah there was a Suns player flapping his arms about and yelling at the ump for a good 5 seconds and the ump did nothing.
Anyone see Finlayson from PA going ‘nuts’ in last evenings game?

Warranted 100 metres but obviously not yellow & black jumpers were worn.

Warming up to ‘common sense’ next Friday when the Tigers play PA..

Reactions: 4 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Dimma made a comment that got lost in all the Dusty stuff. When Robbo asked if he was a Richmond man he said he was for now. He would do a reset but not a rebuild. When the time comes to rebuild the list he’ll be gone.
I thought his comments would have created a major story but seem to have gone unnoticed.
I’m thinking when Cotch, Jack, Shedda and Dusty go Dimma will too. That may only be a couple of seasons away
Yep saw that too Broders. First time I've heard him talking about leaving Richmond. "I won't do a rebuild" were his exact words.

Ah well, the cemetery is full of people we couldn't live without.

Reactions: 1 user

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
A

He went off his head didn't he. Waving his arms around and even pointed at the umpire whilst mouthing off.

It probably warranted a penalty before the descent rule and yet no penalty applied. Nothing like being consistent is there

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He went off his head didn't he. Waving his arms around and even pointed at the umpire whilst mouthing off.

It probably warranted a penalty before the descent rule and yet no penalty applied. Nothing like being consistent is there

It's a *smile* rule and it is badly enforced. Just needs to go back to what it used to be, you carry on it's 50, you look a bit p!ssed off no 50.

By the way it's dissent.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
It's a *smile* rule and it is badly enforced. Just needs to go back to what it used to be, you carry on it's 50, you look a bit p!ssed off no 50.

By the way it's dissent.

DS
How do we determine what is actually meant by "carry on"?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
A

Nic Newman of Carlton had one which was very funny. He was actually awarded a free kick and still went troppo (I think due to the delay in giving the free kick). If he was dissenting as the recipient of a free kick, should it have been reversed? Somehow I don't think the brains trusts canvassed that issue with Kerry Stokes' focus groups.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Nic Newman of Carlton had one which was very funny. He was actually awarded a free kick and still went troppo (I think due to the delay in giving the free kick). If he was dissenting as the recipient of a free kick, should it have been reversed? Somehow I don't think the brains trusts canvassed that issue with Kerry Stokes' focus groups.
The same was true for Reiwoldt and a few others on Friday -- their dissent for not getting that 50 could have lead to the free being reversed. PRE would have melted down if that happened.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Anyone get the sense that there is something quite no right with Dimma at the moment. He seems quite frustrated most of the time and seems to be quite Snarky. i.e Twitter stuff.

I dont think I know of any other coaches that are going the twitter remarks after games to get their points across.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
look at the free kick ladder , then add the likes of Bolton's sloppy 50 mtr penalties on top and then get asked about Dusty moving to Sydney , might be cause for frustration

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah there was a Suns player flapping his arms about and yelling at the ump for a good 5 seconds and the ump did nothing.
This is what annoys about the rule. Zero consistency. All subjective. One umpire pays it, one doesn't.

Completely unnecessary, and has the opposite effect of it's intention to encourage respect for umpires.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Anyone get the sense that there is something quite no right with Dimma at the moment. He seems quite frustrated most of the time and seems to be quite Snarky. i.e Twitter stuff.

I dont think I know of any other coaches that are going the twitter remarks after games to get their points across.
He thought he was shacking up with a young babe but if you follow their instagram she has him doing one DIY project after another.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Cold War.