Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Blakes, Tullamairne is a lot less travel for him & he needed badly the extra $$
I was told by a reliable source that Blake was, at the time of accepting their offer, one of the highest paid assistants in the league and we couldn’t/wouldn’t match his offer.
Disappointing thing is that Richardson would have had inside information of his pay structure due to his position at Richmond before we demoted him to General Manager of Football at Essendon.
I believe Blake seperate with his wife well before COVID and it’s bubbles

And lastly a stat for the nerds.
Blake Caracella the only AFL player to play along side or coach 8 Brownlow Medalists in their career.

Last edited:

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I was told by a reliable source that Blake was, at the time of accepting their offer, one of the highest paid assistants in the league and we couldn’t/wouldn’t match his offer.
Disappointing thing is that Richardson would have had inside information of his pay structure due to his position at Richmond before we demoted him to General Manager of Football at Essendon.
I believe Blake seperate with his wife well before COVID and it’s bubbles

And lastly a stat for the nerds.
Blake Caracella the only AFL player to play along side or coach 8 Brownlow Medalists in their career.
Absolutely correct, we were told by ??? @ Club 80 November 2019 function the reasons behind him leaving RFC

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
im starting to wonder whether Dimma rubs people up the wrong way. as great as he's been, and im not saying we should get rid of him, but is there a chink in the armour starting to expose itself. Assistant coaches leaving in droves, ex players coaching elsewhere. It's a watch this space for me.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
im starting to wonder whether Dimma rubs people up the wrong way. as great as he's been, and im not saying we should get rid of him, but is there a chink in the armour starting to expose itself. Assistant coaches leaving in droves, ex players coaching elsewhere. It's a watch this space for me.
When's the best time to leave? When your stock is at it's highest.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

This is called being successful. Look at all the ex-Hawthorn people (including our own coach) who departed having worked under Clarkson.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s all part of the often cyclical nature of sport. You chop and change and find the right ingredients then it gets dismantled. I think if you look at most clubs at most off season there’s movement on the coaching panels.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
kermit-panic.gif

Please, it's a sign of success. If Assistants are going elsewhere, it's because they're being offered more money or are being presented with opportunities that we can't. Nothing wrong with any of that.
The AFL is a very incestuous industry. If Dimma was difficult to work with, I think you'd see us struggling to get experienced/senior Assistants.
Leppitsch went to Brisbane and came back. Caracella, Kingsley had been elsewhere before coming to Tigerland.
Players going elsewhere is no big deal. Happens all the time.

Reactions: 8 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It’s all part of the often cyclical nature of sport. You chop and change and find the right ingredients then it gets dismantled. I think if you look at most clubs at most off season there’s movement on the coaching panels.
Yep. This part of the off season is basically coach season.