Danny Frawley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Danny Frawley

Danny

I'm a llama!
Jul 15, 2003
Guys,

As someone who has been immensely proud to have represented the RFC, importantly, to have had the honour of coaching an extremely pround team for the past four years, this is indeed a most difficult letter to write.

Since the Carlton and Kangaroos games last month, I've had time to think about the game and to review my position as coach. And while I have reaped enormous enjoyment and satisfaction from representing the RFC and sharing in so many memorable moments, I must admit that some personal doubts have emerged these past few weeks concerning whether I would indeed be serving the best interests of the Tigers and my own best interests.

When I was appointed coach of the Tigers, I vowed that when I eventually left the Tigers, hopefully, the standing of the team in the AFL would be higher than what it was when I assumed the leadership role as coach. As well, on a personal basis, it was always my desire to depart the game with a satisfying individual contribution. I believe both goals have not been achieved and will not be achieved.

As you and your colleagues are aware, I have deliberately refrained from making long-term plans concerning my coaching future these past few weeks; rather, it has come down to a week-by-week decision influenced largely by the teams form and how well I was enjoying the game at the time.

And, in considering my future from 2003 onwards, uppermost in my mind has been a strong desire to spend more time at home with my wife and family.

This has been a tough decision, but clearly the right one in my view. I am entirely satisfied I have made the correct decision, and for the right reasons.

I would be most grateful if you would please convey to your colleagues, sponsors and supports and the many other people involved in the RFC, my great appreciation for their support and encouragement over the years.

I would also like to take this opportunity to record the immense enjoyment I have had from the many enduring friendships I've struck at the Tigers, from my days as a youngster in Ballarat and St.Kilda through to a finals win at the MCG against Carlton. I will now have more time to enjoy these friendships.

It has been a great honour to have coached the RFC. To my successor and the players who are chosen for the coming draft, I wish them the same level of success and satisfaction. I will be with them in spirit all the way.

Yours sincerely,

D. Frawley

TigerBalme

I'm a llama!
Jul 14, 2003
So you are Danny Frawley....yeah maate, don't worry, I am Jack Dyeropoulos maate....you nearly had me suk din.

Will the real Danny Frawley please stand up....and walk the plank!

The Golden Greektiger God

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
No worries pal. Someone underestmates hte intelligence level on this board. didnt think it was worth a reply but couldnt let such a ridiculous post go by like that.

TigerBalme

I'm a llama!
Jul 14, 2003
Are you saying this imposter really is Danny Frawley?

Surely you jest re?

Frawley would not resign exclusively on a Tigers Bulletin Board....no chance.

He will have to get the bullet, he won't go quietly.

The Greek God

TigerBalme

I'm a llama!
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks for that clarification re....

Who ever wrote this resignation is quite artistic and lyrical....I propose we send it to Danny boy so he can use it if the mood should take him.

But, my guess is we will have to start a revolution to get rid of him.

Sacking coaches is a blood sport and nobody traditionally is better than us at this kind of blood letting.

Golden Greek Tiger God

Danny

I'm a llama!
Jul 15, 2003
Don't be like that! I tried hard. But, my time at the Tigers is over..

You will see!

BTW

"Someone underestmates the intelligence level on this board."

Please read the the rest of this site! I guess you must fit in.

See you in Ballarat ???

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Danny, you gave yourself away by not having any cliche's. If there was a "step up to the plate" or a "yeah nah look" or a "cherry ripe", or an "I would have thought" then maybe you might have convinced us.

Danny

I'm a llama!
Jul 15, 2003
"yeah nah look we sort of let em run the ball out of defence. well, not sort of we let em."

Above quote from Danny's post game interview against the Cats.

I know what you mean.......

I'm waiting for our favourite son to return.

Guess who?

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
A copy of the same letter was posted on TT last night claiming to have been sent to the Herald sun.

Strangely enough by someone having the same email address as our mystery Poster.

Go Figure.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Ahhh the day i read those words coming out of dannys mouth will be a day to REJOICE!!!

For the disease that has plagued this club for 4 years will finally have left this GREAT team!!!

Please DUD answer our cries and resign from our beloved team, so we may once again see the light!!!!

Post that letter to RFC and hope it somehow lands in Caseys hands!!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
gustiger12 said:
A copy of the same letter was posted on TT last night claiming to have been sent to the Herald sun.

Strangely enough by someone having the same email address as our mystery Poster.

Go Figure.

This article was also posted on Big Footy by froars telling people to watch Talking Footy for the announcement.
She has contacted me to point out that she isn't the person who has posted this on here though, in case anyone suspects otherwise.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Don't know who it was Rosy, but do know who it wasn't...One Danny FRAWLEY @ Spud of the RFC.

The poster should realise there is very little future in being a Danny impersonator.