Danny Frawley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Danny Frawley

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
brain injury is far from ideal.

But bricky's knees go. Cops nerves go. Rock stars ears go.

Miners cop it in the bagpipes. Mothers pelvic floors give out. Financial Planners lose respect.

Is there a way to make a good living that leaves you in the same condition at 60, as you were in at 20?

Kelly Slater is probably the only bloke I can think of who seems to have found that sweet spot? and he'll get eaten by a shark doing what he loves at some stage.

I want to see a few hundred brains, and not all ruck men and fullbacks, before I ban footy

RIP spud.

Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Gives pause for thought, but it's difficult to put into context. Remember he was holding down various TV and radio roles at the time of his death and had also taken himself off anti-depression medication and turned his back on professional help.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Gives pause for thought, but it's difficult to put into context. Remember he was holding down various TV and radio roles at the time of his death and had also taken himself off anti-depression medication and turned his back on professional help.

Yeh mental health is complex.

Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Might be harsh to say but there is some revisionist history going on to justify what many construe as a cowardly act.

brain injury is far from ideal.

But bricky's knees go. Cops nerves go. Rock stars ears go.

Miners cop it in the bagpipes. Mothers pelvic floors give out. Financial Planners lose respect.

Is there a way to make a good living that leaves you in the same condition at 60, as you were in at 20?

Kelly Slater is probably the only bloke I can think of who seems to have found that sweet spot? and he'll get eaten by a shark doing what he loves at some stage.

I want to see a few hundred brains, and not all ruck men and fullbacks, before I ban footy

RIP spud.
Good post.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Might be harsh to say but there is some revisionist history going on to justify what many construe as a cowardly act.
Don't see it that way JB. We may learn WHY Danny did what he did but that doesn't mean it's justified.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Don't see it that way JB. We may learn WHY Danny did what he did but that doesn't mean it's justified.

Im not saying what he did was brave, cowardly or justified. I think the thought processes that goes int someone taking there own lives comes from a much deeper, darker place and can't be categorised in to plain terms. No one can walk a mile in another persons head.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Im not saying what he did was brave, cowardly or justified. I think the thought processes that goes int someone taking there own lives comes from a much deeper, darker place and can't be categorised in to plain terms. No one can walk a mile in another persons head.

Agree Kyuss... We already know he suffered from depression, I don't think the terms brave/cowardly/justified even apply. I don't buy that this is a retrospective justification either, he either had the condition or he didn't and medical evidence says that he had it, although I guess you could argue the family releasing the information could be seen that way. Tragic situation for family and friends all.

Reactions: 4 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Agree Kyuss... We already know he suffered from depression, I don't think the terms brave/cowardly/justified even apply. I don't buy that this is a retrospective justification either, he either had the condition or he didn't and medical evidence says that he had it, although I guess you could argue the family releasing the information could be seen that way. Tragic situation for family and friends all.

Well said.