Danny, you are the weakest link...goodbye | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Danny, you are the weakest link...goodbye

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
RFC not KFC said:
MC24 - some things are looking better than they have for a while but there are still some bizarre decisions and comments coming from the club.

Can't disagree with you there.

RFC not KFC said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the first step in the right direction will be when Frawley steps through the exit door for the final time.

How can Danny get us to a final with little experience behind him and virtually no support and then once the support is there the results are worse?

If I thought your solution was going to solve all our problems, I'd be with you all the way RFC not KFC.

I've heard all the evidence against Danny, and it's not that I'm slow or anything, or even that I disagree, I just think we need to get beyond our usual solution to our problems.

And I know you won't like that answer, but even if we did get a new Coach, at the first hint of failure, everyone would be on his back and calling for his head. We wouldn't know how to support people if our lives depended on it. That's the awful truth.

And because of it we'll never get anywhere, as a Club.

We will always be confronted with issues and problems, regardless of who the coach is.

But if we don't know how to work through or around them then what difference will it make which coach we have if we don't know how to deal with problems.

Showing them the door is not a solution and does not say to me that we are in control of the situation. In fact, it says the opposite. That's why we can better assess the situation after next season, when things have had time to settle down from the changes that this season has brought.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
MC24 - I can understand where you are coming from but I cant see how he'll turn things around from here. I think that the club has given Frawley a chance and he failed to make enough of it. If we are in the same position, slighty better or even worse next year all we have achieved is delaying the inevitable. You can put an artist in a perfect environment, give him all the materials and even a subject matter but if he cant paint, he cant paint.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Here is one for you, in today's MX newspaper (Melbourne CBD only) there was an interview with Nick Daffy. As part of it he was asked about the tigers slump. Nick's response;

"They blame their list, but they knew what the list was going to be 2 years ago. They've definitely gone away from their game plan. Either that or they are nor following instructions. I really don't know, it's many things I think."

To me, Nick said everything but "Danny can't coach, and has no idea how to build a list of footballers, it is as simple as that"