• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Darcy Moore

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
According to Tom Browne we are going to go after Darcy Moore. He is out of contract at the end of the year.

The Hot Breakfast's footy news breaker Tom Browne has reported this morning that Richmond are keen on luring Collingwood defender Darcy Moore to Punt Road.

Browne believes that Tigers coach Damien Hardwick showed plenty of interest in Moore playing on his side in the upcoming charity state of origin match to build a working relationship with the 24 year-old.

With Alex Rance retiring during the off-season the Tigers are looking to fill the void in defence & Moore is out of contract at the end of the year.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire didn't take the news well and refuted any speculation.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure if we should go after him. He's a good player but extremely injury prone.

Plus it would cost us a motsa in both trade and salary cap value. I can see why we would target him but struggle to see how we get a deal done.

The Scum would want Dusty, Lynch plus 2 first round draft picks :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Chase Sam Taylor instead.
196cm/93kg. Still only 20. Played 22 games last year. Had some good footy during the finals.

Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure if we should go after him. He's a good player but extremely injury prone.

Plus it would cost us a motsa in both trade and salary cap value. I can see why we would target him but struggle to see how we get a deal done.

The Scum would want Dusty, Lynch plus 2 first round draft picks :rolleyes:
I don't think it would cost us in trade as I think he's a FA but he scum might threaten to match.

However, it seems this is a gutter story, first it says Tom Browne, but secondly it also says Richmond are going after him as Dimma wanted him in the Vics side. Does that mean we are going after the other 20 or so that won't be Richmond players?

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Eddie is such a hypocrite. It's ok for them to go out chasing the likes of Tom Lynch, Taylor Adams etc but nobody dare try to poach one of their players. Also said look what happened after we poached their players last time, we went into oblivion for 30 years. My recollection was they raided our players (Cloke, Raines etc) and we countered (unsuccessfully) with Walsh, Annear etc?

Reactions: 2 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
F NO
No used gutless no effort players from that scum joint

must be a slow news day ........its like a black hole until the state of origin team is announced ........then that's all we will get for the next 2 weeks

stay quite tigers ...let the rest of them crawl over each other for a bit of media fluff news space

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Had the desired effect. .... got up Eddie's nose!

‘Blood will be flowing’: Eddie McGuire’s warning to Tigers over Collingwood star!:rotfl1

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Eddie's just playing the game in an attempt to keep his God-son relevant.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
We have not addressed KPP / Defenders in the draft so link us to good CHB and possible swing man defenders is what we need to cover for Rance and cover Dave/Grimes/Broad. Gathwait t in the shed as a back up makes us vulnerable if a few go down (as was the case mid year v Cars on a Friday night at the MCG). Moore's injuries are somewhat of a concern but no different to Astbury and Grimes horror run of injuries over multiple years.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Despite the reported links between Moore and Richmond, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire also shut down the rumour.
"That'd go down well. When his father (Peter Moore) went to Melbourne, that went down a treat. 'Darce' going to Richmond – that'd be just really good, wouldn't it?"

The last time they started punching from Collingwood, we put them in the bin for 30 years.
"Wait if it ever comes true — don't worry about that. The blood will be flowing down Punt Road and Hoddle St again, mate."

• Haha

jokershoppe

Tiger Superstar
Feb 17, 2008
Got to admit,I really rate Moore,fast and attacking,a trait Balta also has,who knows how our key backs could look by season's end,we appeared this time last year to lack big mids,now with Ross,RCD,it's pretty much covered,lifting Moore's price at a minimum is worth our efforts.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Despite the reported links between Moore and Richmond, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire also shut down the rumour.
"That'd go down well. When his father (Peter Moore) went to Melbourne, that went down a treat. 'Darce' going to Richmond – that'd be just really good, wouldn't it?"

The last time they started punching from Collingwood, we put them in the bin for 30 years.
"Wait if it ever comes true — don't worry about that. The blood will be flowing down Punt Road and Hoddle St again, mate."
Ironically we have won as many flags as them since they "put us in the bin" :rolleyes:

McGuire is such a knob.

• Haha

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think it would cost us in trade as I think he's a FA but he scum might threaten to match.

However, it seems this is a gutter story, first it says Tom Browne, but secondly it also says Richmond are going after him as Dimma wanted him in the Vics side. Does that mean we are going after the other 20 or so that won't be Richmond players?
Don't think he'd be a free agent. He's only coming into his 6th season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

McGuire is no better then the bloke that sits in bay 13.
Just a yobbo.
What i remember the war between us and them, it was both clubs suffered huge loses and both were broke at the end of it.
They just recovered quicker.
Sometimes when McGuire speaks its more the supporter then the president.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Look, the way I see it, Moore would be great at the right price but if that does not happen, at least we force the pies to pay a true market rate for him and not get him for unders....... has to be a win - win surely.