Darcy Moore | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Darcy Moore

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
If he is out of contract then he has the advantage of being able to go into the pre-season draft and leave for nothing.

History shows when that happens the player generally gets where they want to go anyway.
I didn't consider pre-season draft as an option, TBR.
So how would that work? He says he wants $xxx per year, and not interested in playing for anyone else but the Tigers?

King Kong

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2016
It’s times like this we see just how afraid McChins is of us! It’s a beautiful thing

frickenel

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2003
Chirnside Park
www.planetecho.com.au
Eddie is such a hypocrite. It's ok for them to go out chasing the likes of Tom Lynch, Taylor Adams etc but nobody dare try to poach one of their players. Also said look what happened after we poached their players last time, we went into oblivion for 30 years. My recollection was they raided our players (Cloke, Raines etc) and we countered (unsuccessfully) with Walsh, Annear etc?
It was pretty hard to poach stars out of a team full of turds

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I didn't consider pre-season draft as an option, TBR.
So how would that work? He says he wants $xxx per year, and not interested in playing for anyone else but the Tigers?
You can't say you will only play for one side, that's illegal.

Everyone nominates a price though and clubs won't just hold a big chunk of cap space on the off chance they get to draft a bloke who doesn't get traded.

Managers will also let clubs know where their player wants to go and for the most part that is respected, generally a club doesn't want someone who doesn't want them, unless they are already at that club of course.

I can't think of many examples where a club has grabbed an established player in the preseason draft before the club they wanted to get to.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Luke Ball being a classic example, even though he went via the national draft he was left until Collingwood picked him at 31 (or somesuch)
Other clubs stayed clear

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I do love the way this has got us McGuire's nose, but I don't get his comment. Blood flowing down Hoddle St? WTF, the blood would have to flow internally within Richmond, from the departing carmaker centre to Punt Rd, both of which are in Richmond.

If you love Collingwood, why not find a team from Collingwood to support.

DS

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I can't think of many examples where a club has grabbed an established player in the preseason draft before the club they wanted to get to.
Nick Stevens is the only one I can think of. Wanted to get to Scumwood but Scumton swooped and took him with 1st pick in PSD.

That was a long time ago though; 2002 or 2003?

mjb

Tiger Rookie
Jun 23, 2007
Nick Stevens is the only one I can think of. Wanted to get to Scumwood but Scumton swooped and took him with 1st pick in PSD.

That was a long time ago though; 2002 or 2003?
To be fair, he still had a clean record at that point.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
RFC is probably playing smoke and mirrors to push the price up on Moore.

Maybe we are after De Goey instead :)).

Now just need #LolNorf to come on board and offer them 2 million each to force their hands.

Other clubs will push the price up on Moore and De Goey, but will more likley target the likes of Langdon, Crisp, Sier when their cap is full as the #GoDeez did with Elliot last trade week.

Probably a reason they would be looking to offload Beams $$$.

The Mole

Tiger Superstar
Apr 1, 2003
RFC is probably playing smoke and mirrors to push the price up on Moore.

Maybe we are after De Goey instead :)).

Now just need #LolNorf to come on board and offer them 2 million each to force their hands.

Other clubs will push the price up on Moore and De Goey, but will more likley target the likes of Langdon, Crisp, Sier when their cap is full as the #GoDeez did with Elliot last trade week.

Probably a reason they would be looking to offload Beams $$$.
I think they are not after moore but putting pressure indirectly on the Pies salary cap to keep them from getting someone we may be interested in. e.g. Harris Andrews.

Reactions: 1 users