David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

CK

Tiger Rookie
Apr 3, 2009
Was right behind him in the crowd when he drilled it from the boundary line. Would have had about a metre of goal space open to him & he slotted it with ease.

Also rapt when he kicked his first - all 17 other players ran over to the kid to congratulate him.

Great effort considering his limited pre-season.

The tooth

Tiger Rookie
Nov 17, 2006
Richmond
velo said:
Astbury doesn't replace Riewoldt...he compliments him. We need another young tall in there and we start having something to work with.

Exactly. The more dangerous tall timber down forward the better. I'm convinced our future hinges on the abilty of Astbury, Griffiths, Taylor. If they happen to be the goods, Riewoldt and Morton will have support and will get the 2nd/3rd backs hopefully

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
The tooth said:
Riewoldt and Morton will have support and will get the 2nd/3rd backs hopefully

You mean the 3rd & 4th. If things pan out Astbury & Griffiths will get the 1st & 2nd best defenders.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
CK said:
Was right behind him in the crowd when he drilled it from the boundary line. Would have had about a metre of goal space open to him & he slotted it with ease.

Also rapt when he kicked his first - all 17 other players ran over to the kid to congratulate him.

Great effort considering his limited pre-season.

That goal was sensational. I thought to myself it was strange he wasn't preparing himself for the banana kick due to the acute angle but he backed himself and kicked straight.

A very accurate kick, one of the many things we need.

daoula

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 28, 2006
TigerForce said:
If this kid keeps kicking goals consistently and with such 'ease' , I think it's best for Jack to hand over number 8.

Nah dont spoil him...that jumper is cursed.lets see how he goes this year......#12

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
TigerForce said:
STEAMER II

I gotta admit that when he slotted that goal from teh boundary it was very steamish, as was 3 goals from 7 disposals. Dave is already much better when the ball in in general play than the Steamee though.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Col.W.Kurtz said:
I gotta admit that when he slotted that goal from teh boundary it was very steamish, as was 3 goals from 7 disposals. Dave is already much better when the ball in in general play than the Steamee though.
Could be like the Windows Vista and Windows 7 comparison ;D

forgottenman41

Tiger Rookie
Jun 2, 2008
geez he looks quick too, and looks to have a good motor, think his best position when his added 10kg will be CHF leading out to the wings. love the way he never gives up and keeps chasing
ive been to a few sessions at monash and if u think astbury is looking good, wait to you see griff. his a unit and super quick off the mark.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I thought he looked very composed today. I really like the look of him. If he can play 10 games this year I would be happy with that.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Yep looks a good prospect and liked the goal from the boundary the most as he would have been stuffed by the time he kicked that.
Looks to have good skills - exactly what we need -order another 17 of him.

Ty Esler

"Mark Maclure can get stuffed"
May 10, 2005
I liked his competitiveness at the contest, is going to be a handful when he fills out. It is very early days but Francis seems to have delivered a lot of talent in the '09 draft, which is good because it was the one thing stopping me from self-harm watching the game today. Even Dea who had a couple of shocking disposals showed good strength through the hips when he tackled.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
velo said:
Astbury doesn't replace Riewoldt...he compliments him. We need another young tall in there and we start having something to work with.

Correct. Here's hoping Griffiths is that young tall you mention.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Booked himslef another 6 weeks after today.

Good start, let's not get too carried away. Can already tell he has natural football smarts.

ILuvLids

Tiger Superstar
Sep 7, 2006
Very impressive first game. A big positive in a day which turned very bleak after half time. His goal from the boundary in the last quarter was beautiful. Keep him in the side so that he can develop. He was very lively.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Let's not go to hard to early here guys.

Promising is about the best way to some him up. Come back in about 2 years and another 30 odd games for a reassessment.

Did like that goal in the last. Beautiful kick.