David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I doubt it. In his speech he basically said the he'd known pretty much all that this'd be his last.
Yeah I think you're right, I'm just hoping against hope that after a few months, with his body feeling a lot better, he might change his mind.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Hopefully he's just put paid to all the *smile* that people both in the media and on here (they know who they are) flung at Rance and the club when he left.

That was an amazing speech he gave, made me tear up.
Not only the Rance BS.
Put to bed the Dimma lost the players BS sprouted by the wicked witch Carro.

Reactions: 6 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
One aspect of Dave's footballing achievements that stood out was his care and compassion for an injured opponent.

Multiple times a player would be injured and David would stop and show genuine care.

Only recently in the last month it happened again, he called the trainer and stayed in support until the trainer arrived.

It illustrates his values and his awareness of others. Wonderful
It made me feel so proud as Richmond supporter.
That is a great post.
From the outside, Astbury came to the club an unnoteworthy country kid who was a decent footballer, and remained that way for the first 7 years of his career.
then he became not just a very good full back, a key part of one of the best backlines seen in football, but he became a genuinely good man. one of the quiet leaders who helped Richmond become the football club it is today, both on and off the field. his development was truly remarkable.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dave just took the wee out of Gary Lyon. Lyon the would be, wannabe farmer asked Dave what they're planting at Tatyoon at the moment. Dave replied with, I think you've got your seasons wrong Gary, they're not planting anything at the moment. Timmy Watson just about peed himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Dave just took the wee out of Gary Lyon. Lyon the would be, wannabe farmer asked Dave what they're planting at Tatyoon at the moment. Dave replied with, I think you've got your seasons wrong Gary, they're not planting anything at the moment. Timmy Watson just about peed himself.
Another reason to respect and admire Dave.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Dave, you did yourself and us proud in your last game. Thanks for the memories in Yellow and Black. Have a great future in the next phase of your life

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
David apprantly said Covid was part of the reason he walked away.
Fken even diseases are *smile* ing us

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
David apprantly said Covid was part of the reason he walked away.
Fken even diseases are *smile* ing us
he said it himself - he started avoiding certain game situations and knew it was time to go.

Reactions: 3 users