David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
"Avoiding certain game situations" - pulled out of a contest? what else could it be? braver to admit it than go into the contest though.
It might be something like these 2 situations:
Leaving his man to get to a contest.
Going for intercept mark instead of a spoil.....

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
4 of our 2017 GF back 7 are no longer at the club - Rance, Astbury, Houli, Ellis.

Almost a third of that team have left so far -

Rance
Grigg
Butler
Ellis
Townsend
Astbury
Houli

If Caddy leaves that makes it 36%.

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
Thanks to Google revealing a post someone made in 2019, I finally worked out what DTLD stood for. Down The Line Dave. A glossary thread is needed on this forum

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Agree with others that Dave has not got enough recognition as a 3 time Key Defensive Premiership Player.

I know its not his style anyway but it would be nice for him to get the accolades he'd deserving of..

We'll miss ya Dave always a Tiger Tuff and a humble hero.

Reactions: 6 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
4 of our 2017 GF back 7 are no longer at the club - Rance, Astbury, Houli, Ellis.

Almost a third of that team have left so far -

Rance
Grigg
Butler
Ellis
Townsend
Astbury
Houli

If Caddy leaves that makes it 36%.
If you have team players, depth and a great system, you can cover the loss of key personnel over a period of time. Then reload with long and shortterm talents and role players

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
If you have team players, depth and a great system, you can cover the loss of key personnel over a period of time. Then reload with long and shortterm talents and role players
We must've had a pretty ordinary defense over these recent flag years..... Healy described Melbournes backline tonight as ...... the BEST EVER....!
I switched off after that bit:confused:

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
We must've had a pretty ordinary defense over these recent flag years..... Healy described Melbournes backline tonight as ...... the BEST EVER....!

No pressure on the dees. FMD they haven't achieved anything yet.

Reactions: 1 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
if melbourne loses, all shi$ is going to hit very hard. they are carrying on as if they are unbeatable.

Last edited:

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He must have meant, “ best ever at Melbourne”
otherwise he’s a *smile*

Reactions: 2 users