David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Naughton is a star. Was as a junior.

But he wouldn't have had the impact if DTLD played.

You need to play Naughton with body contact early and impede his run. DTLD's forte.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Naughton is a gun but we didn't have anyone capable of playing on him. Ulverstone's favourite son Alex Pearce rendered him useless the week before.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Leysy Days said:

You need to play Naughton with body contact early and impede his run. DTLD's forte.

Exactly. We also missed his leadership out there. Left to too few.

E

easy_tiger

Leysy Days said:

X2.

Plus im.pretty sure naughton kicked 3 while vlastuin was off

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
easy said:
X2.

Plus im.pretty sure naughton kicked 3 while vlastuin was off

Marking over players like Menadue at times I think.

Our 5 main defenders are all warriors by nature (Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad, Astbury) and Houli is competent in that area now, but everyone else back there is the exact opposite type by nature and easily beaten.

We were missing 3 of those warrior personalities when Naughton kicked most of his goals.

E

easy_tiger

123kid said:
Marking over players like Menadue at times I think.

Our 5 main defenders are all warriors by nature (Rance, Grimes, Vlastuin, Broad, Astbury) and Houli is competent in that area now, but everyone else back there is the exact opposite type by nature and easily beaten.

We were missing 3 of those warrior personalities when Naughton kicked most of his goals.

Did Broad turn in a shocker? I thought he did but prefer to believe someone who tells me he wAs good

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
easy said:
Did Broad turn in a shocker? I thought he did but prefer to believe someone who tells me he wAs good

Not his best game. Only Broad and Grimes were left of the 5 warriors, and as the least talented, Broad dropped off the most.

My point was we’re used to seeing 5 blokes down back who will fight to the death for every inch, and 3 were missing. Their replacements (apart from Sydney when he’s back hthere) are polo players by nature, not mongrels.

I wasn’t surprised our defensive network fell apart for a quarter.

B

Bill James

One of the best games I've seen him play. Certainly the best since Rance was injured.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Was very good. And he provides great leadership out on the ground with telling blokes where to run.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not convinced. Should’ve waited to see what was on the market.
0 tackles 1 mark last weekend

Reactions: 1 user