David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I have a feeling we might want DTLD back at the pointy end.

I've got more chance.
He won't recover from his knee even when Hardwick forces him to play.
Prestia, he misses tooo much footy for my likening.
We need another mid playing now.
What's the matter with CD?
We haven't drafted a quality midfielder in the last 10 years.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
With both Astbury and Nank out we are missing our two meanest and strongest players. Lynch is the mean man up from, Nank in the middle and Astbury down back. There is no doubt that our defence walks taller with Astbury out there.

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
May not be Rance however DTLD is no doubt the general of the back half , been a blessing in a sense to have Balta come in and blossom , however no doubt he’ll be even better with DTLD out there working with him.

in saying that its going to be risky playing him with no footy behind him if it’s finals time, I’d imagine he’d be a fair way off with touch after missing so much footy with a knee

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Needed for finals. We'll struggle against Cats & Eagles. Without Dave our defence is too short.

Reactions: 3 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
We have 2 problems to fix if we are going to win it this year. We need Dave in our backline badly and we need to fix our clearances up. Pussies and Weagles will smash us otherwise both have strong onballers and clearance strength and strength and height in attack!

Reactions: 5 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We have 2 problems to fix if we are going to win it this year. We need Dave in our backline badly and we need to fix our clearances up. Pussies and Weagles will smash us otherwise both have strong onballers and clearance strength and strength and height in attack!

Need Dave asap how long is he out tho ?. Cats forward line do not worry me one bit eagles yes.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I have a sneaking suspicion he doesn't get back at all. None of the progress reports have been good. Dimma didnt sound or look hopeful when discussing him. Note the eyes dart to the left when he mentions when he will be back.

I reckon 50 /50 to make it back mid through finals

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
A bit worried that this problem is more serious than first thought and could mean Dave being out for the season. I hope not even though the defence is still working well, having Dave there makes it that much stronger

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
More chance getting Scotty Turner back then waiting for Astbury to recover.
Every time they mention him he is always a couple a weeks away.
He has been 2 weeks away since the swannies game.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Needed for finals. We'll struggle against Cats & Eagles. Without Dave our defence is too short.
Yep, it's just delusional to expect a very young Balta who has really just secured his place in the side as a KPD to stop the likes of Dixon, Kennedy or Hawkins especially with the way these teams' mids can deliver the ball. Just not going to happen.
Dave is crucial to our hopes.