David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Grimes has been off for two weeks. Noah has been until moved back to FB late on 02 Oct 2020.

Dave has won some decisive contests. Two or three over two games. But has failed to halve a few.

And when he gets the ball... Slow it down. D think. T look around. L. (We all saw the two exceptions.)

Mr Damien Hardwick was faced with some facts recently. He didn't seem to notice. And rushed, get ready for it, David Astbury back.

Since that inspired moment both AA Captain Dylan Grimes and budding star Noah Balta have been displaced.

DTL. Whoa.

Interesting point Ginger Fox!!

Markov is the man he replaced. Polar opposites in style and our slick rebound (four weeks ago it was unreal) has no doubt suffered.

Oleg does run very direct - another opposite to DLTD.

In contrast it does allow Grimes to play on smalls though.

Leftfield - Actually think Bachar's form is hindering us more than anything in the back half.

Reactions: 6 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If I was changing things up, the Russian would be my man.

Even if Broad comes in. It feels more mobile. Quicker on the rebound.

Saints would love Astbury, Dogs, Pies, Cats would get involved. There’d be a market.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Interesting point Ginger Fox!!

Markov is the man he replaced. Polar opposites in style and our slick rebound (four weeks ago it was unreal) has no doubt suffered.

Oleg does run very direct - another opposite to DLTD.

In contrast it does allow Grimes to play on smalls though.

Leftfield - Actually think Bachar's form is hindering us more than anything in the back half.

What I have noticed that we have lost the dash and run and carry from Markov in the backline which was a real weapon.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I like DTLD and Balta in the same backline , however I think it’s going to take a little time for them to be in sync, hopefully 4 days

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I didn't think our backline did badly. Other than Cameron getting off the leash their forwards didn't do alot, in fact half their goals came from midfielders, Neale, McCluggage, McInerney, Bailey and backman Rich. Makes it difficult when non forwards are getting a good proportion of goals. The blame has to put on the midfielders. Brisbane outplayed us. Still think Lynch would have made the difference going the other way.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If I was changing things up, the Russian would be my man.

Even if Broad comes in. It feels more mobile. Quicker on the rebound.

Saints would love Astbury, Dogs, Pies, Cats would get involved. There’d be a market.
Trading heart and soul players is fraught with danger.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure we need Astbury back.
Broad was much more mobile and our back 6 looked heaps better without him.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Yes, I prefer Broad with Balta rather than Dave.
Dave is great but we seemed to have more bounce before.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Dave is their for the reason if we make it to next week (Dixon) and Geelong make it to the week after that (Hawkins). That is the reason Dave is in the team ......oh and he is not a bad player to boot.

Reactions: 2 users