David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Disagree.

When we win, he looks OK. When we lose, our whole backline looks suspect.

Problems start further up the field in my eyes.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Again, we got smashed in clearances and contested ball in the midfield. Defence can only do so much

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Dave, Grimsy and Basher looking a little frayed and tired these days. Slowly slipping away unfortunately!

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Disagree.

When we win, he looks OK. When we lose, our whole backline looks suspect.

Problems start further up the field in my eyes.

I thought given how comprehensively the midfield was belted, the backline was pretty good tonight. Dave still looked shaky.

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
Was played out of position tonight. Why wasn't he played as a key back against their three tall forwards? Looks all at sea up the ground.

He's a backman. Play him in the back line. Not the ruck, not the wing. The backline. If you want another ruck play CCJ FFS!

Reactions: 5 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The angst is unwarranted. Plenty of life left in him yet.

Astbury has always been a role player. When others can't play their role, like our midfield tonight, he is always going to find it tough.

What are we missing, 5 of our best 6 mids?

When they come back is the time to judge anyone in our backline.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I thought given how comprehensively the midfield was belted, the backline was pretty good tonight. Dave still looked shaky.
Dave has never, not since day 1, had agility ordered as his strengths. He's there for the gorilla types.
If our midfield turns it over, or can't get first hands, he's easily exploited by someone who can lead quickly. Always been an individual weakness, which is why our team defence has been great for players like him. Ever wonder why he's never been in the All-Australian squad? That's why.
All season our midfield has looked suspect. The ball is coming through way too quickly in our losses I feel. He's always going to struggle when it does.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Dave has never, not since day 1, had agility ordered as his strengths. He's there for the gorilla types.
If our midfield turns it over, or can't get first hands, he's easily exploited by someone who can lead quickly. Always been an individual weakness, which is why our team defence has been great for players like him. Ever wonder why he's never been in the All-Australian squad? That's why.
All season our midfield has looked suspect. The ball is coming through way too quickly in our losses I feel. He's always going to struggle when it does.

Agree with all of that General Patton. Just think that Dave looks that half a yard slower than usual, which has exacerbated it.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If he’s doing any second rucking, he shouldn’t be in.

Balta & Grimes can fill the key posts. Broad & Vlastuin playing taller makes him even more vulnerable.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
FFS he no second ruck wake up we're screwing our defence when him and Balta go there it's on Dimma stubbornness.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I hope it's just a case of older legs taking longer to get into the rythm of the season. But you could breathe easily when Dave was anywhere near it, now you're holding your breath