David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
3 goal debut. His last, the set shot from the boundry was lovely.

Fast, nimble, good on his feet, good thinker. He's going to be a player.

great debut son.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Liked his game today, looks a player - great composure for a kid in his first game.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Keep him in the side and let him develop.
His set kick for goal from the boundary in the last was fantastic. :clap

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
3 goal debut. His last, the set shot from the boundry was lovely.

Fast, nimble, good on his feet, good thinker. He's going to be a player.

great debut son.
Yep,1 positive out of today

sashback

Our saviour??
Aug 22, 2005
1 other positive from today was Nason's performance. Another good effort from Ben and very well done and congrats to David Astbury! :clap

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
sashback said:
1 other positive from today was Nason's performance. Another good effort from Ben and very well done and congrats to David Astbury! :clap

Agree Astbury and Nason look legit early. Not often said about Richmond draftees.

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC
Completely agree... Astbury looks the goods. Excellent first and second efforts and has excellent pace for someone his size.

The pressure he put on the defense before he kicked his 2nd was fantastic, and his 3rd goal was just pure skill and composure. Well done.

As for Nason - well, let's just say he's my new favourite player. Has everything going against him (size, experience), but is constantly in the right places, has a beautiful kick on him, and just runs, runs, and runs. Can't ask for much else from a rookie.

As for Martin - well, there's nothing much else that can be said, other than I feel kinda sorry for him that he got drafted by us. Belongs somewhere else.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
If this kid keeps kicking goals consistently and with such 'ease' , I think it's best for Jack to hand over number 8.

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Ian4 said:
sad indictment on riewoldt imo
jack has to work on his set shots - i'm no expert but if i can tell from his approach if he's going to kick it or not, then i'm sure he and the coaching staff can figure out what he's doing wrong. I can't fault anything else in jack - he's our smartest player (well maybe Dusty is his equal). Jack will be fine.

But back to Astbury, sensational start, well done. :clap :clap

velo

Tiger Superstar
Feb 11, 2008
Astbury doesn't replace Riewoldt...he compliments him. We need another young tall in there and we start having something to work with.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
today was my first good look at him and i cant believe what a nice mover he is for a guy 195cm. with his size and mobility we might have a good one here

well done to the guys that have been watching the coburg games and giving us glowing reports on him. you were all spot on

deledio3

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 3, 2005
Pretty impressive debut. He certainly showed Riewoldt how to kick a set shot for goal...

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yes. Very nice start to hopefully a long career at the club.
Well done to the lad.

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
A couple of pre seasons and this bloke is going to be an impressive size. We have found a beauty here. Hopefully Griffiths gets a gig. Then we definately do have something to work with in our forward line. Really need a quality ruckman and some smart drafting.