David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure we need him.
Hipwood out did him running down the ground and then the most embarrassing part Hipwood out bodies him and stops our run on.
Was it Astbury that Blocked Martin?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
amazed Balta didn't play on Hipwood. one of the handful of errors made by the MC for that game.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Shouldn't be playing.
We were a man down in defence last week.
He was either getting out mark by Bones or he was 10 metres behind at every contest.
I didnt realise how bad he was till i watched it again.
Hipwood was Wayne Carey on Astbury.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Don't want to knock a two-time Tiger premiership player, but reckon that the backline, in particular Balta, have seemed a little unsettled since his return a couple of games ago.
That could be fr a variety of reasons, far beyond my comprehension, but Balta's confidence seems to have diminished a little. Thought Balta was growing into his role really well down back and relishing the opportunity to perform big roles/tasks for the team.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon it’s more that Balta is playing his first final series and as a young player at the end of the season may be tiring a bit as well.

Its fortunate that we Astbury to help out.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Nank rightly getting kudos for a huge last quarter, but Dave shouldering much of the load in the first half kept Toby fresh. Held his own, which is all we needed from him. A credit to Down To Love to take on the new role. He's a smart team leader.

Reactions: 13 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Nank rightly getting kudos for a huge last quarter, but Dave shouldering much of the load in the first half kept Toby fresh. Held his own, which is all we needed from him. A credit to Down To Love to take on the new role. He's a smart team leader.
Competed really well in the ruck. Didn’t give any free kicks away and played good game

Reactions: 7 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Dave was better than Nank in the ruck at times tonight. His kicking was ok. (Couple of errors.) He was, as usual, really hard running onto loose. Knocked plenty over.

He's underdone. He will improve.

Dave is brutal on the loose ball and can use by hand. It's him or Caddy for the change ruck slot. DTL better behind the ball, Josh better in front of it.

Dave can't kick but can use by hand and quickly. And he is much harder. (Neither can jump.)

Caddy is more talented. Dave is more professional. Size wise? Nothing in it. 188/88 v 195/98 (IIRC) Same size. Oh, Dave is quicker.

FWIW had we played Josh tonight in lieu of Dave we win be 20pts+.

Ah but these coaches are playing this week to win next.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
DLTD was great in the ruck. Played it really smart and didn't try to over do it. Just held his ground and made sure his opponent didn't get a clear tap. Won some good taps himself also.

Reactions: 6 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I have really liked him in the ruck. Competes hard. Ultimate team man.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Dave was better than Nank in the ruck at times tonight. His kicking was ok. (Couple of errors.) He was, as usual, really hard running onto loose. Knocked plenty over.

He's underdone. He will improve.

Dave is brutal on the loose ball and can use by hand. It's him or Caddy for the change ruck slot. DTL better behind the ball, Josh better in front of it.

Dave can't kick but can use by hand and quickly. And he is much harder. (Neither can jump.)

Caddy is more talented. Dave is more professional. Size wise? Nothing in it. 188/88 v 195/98 (IIRC) Same size. Oh, Dave is quicker.

FWIW had we played Josh tonight in lieu of Dave we win be 20pts+.

Ah but these coaches are playing this week to win next.

at Half time, DTLD was the leading clearance player on AO.

unprecedented has had a fair work out this year, so ill try find another

Reactions: 1 users