David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
No fuss & underrated hugely but bottom line is DTLD is a Triple Premiership Richmond fullback.
What a rock he has become of our footy club. Great leader, great person & great player.
Bravo number 12, Dave Astbury.
I think we are all happy the deal with GC or the Lions (I can't remember which) fell through and I bet Dave is too

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dave Astbury, the quiet achiever, 210 pages in 10 years, Stack 236 pages in less than 2 years.

Reactions: 8 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
David has been a ROCK back in defense.
Hope he has forgotten I called him Kamdyn at the 2017 B&F. I had been drinking to serious levels those few days.:p

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Is he our most unsung hero of the last 4 years...?
We have a few. Some of the others like Grimes, Vlastuin, Nankervis, Houli and Lambert have got some well earned recognition but Dave is one of the most reliable key backs in the business and gets nothing.
So I would say yes

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I think Astbury is underrated as a thinking mans footballer. Everything you read about him off the ground screams leader and thinker. Has he purchased truckloads of regional land up near his home town? Farming life after footy beckons. It's funny, Dylan has the winery and lives for country life and so does Dave. So similar off the ground but distinctly different, same for being on the ground and playing style.

Absolutely goes under the radar. Until he's not out there, then we notice.

Reactions: 13 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I think Astbury is underrated as a thinking mans footballer. Everything you read about him off the ground screams leader and thinker. Has he purchased truckloads of regional land up near his home town? Farming life after footy beckons. It's funny, Dylan has the winery and lives for country life and so does Dave. So similar off the ground but distinctly different, same for being on the ground and playing style.

Absolutely goes under the radar. Until he's not out there, then we notice.
Difference is Dave is a real farmer.
And let’s Grimes know about it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
I think that Astbury is out of contract at the end of next year (one of 23 players). Imo, he probably has a good 2-3 years left in him. It will be very interesting to see what the club does next year with new contracts for him and many others. Hopefully the club is already in preliminary talks with at least several of the 23 players, particularly Bolton and Vlastuin.

Reactions: 1 users