David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Wish to acknowledge what a great job DTLD did with the AFLW jumper presentations. Wonderful representative of the club & quality person.

Reactions: 17 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not just on the turf but also off it I think DTLD( can somebody put that on Tshirts and bumper stickers ) is an amazingly in the shadows type of great influence on the RFC

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'll never forget the look of fear in Toby Greene's eyes when Dave grabbed him by the collar and had some quiet words with him. The only time I think I've seen that grab look scared.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I found DTLD on page 11, he's too good to be back there.

The ABC had a great interview with Dave on Saturday. He's very articulate, and quite funny, he showed a lot of love for Nank.

From about the 34 minute mark.

Reactions: 11 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Yeah we take Dave a bit for granted, don't we? He's been so reliable for a long time, deserves more kudos.

Reactions: 13 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
DTLD is great. At the game was sitting with a bunch of Bulldogs supporters, whenever Dave marked it I screamed out "DOWN THE LINE DAVE, GO DOWN THE LINE"

and he did

Reactions: 3 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020

The ABC had a great interview with Dave on Saturday. He's very articulate, and quite funny, he showed a lot of love for Nank.

.thks-great listen...is it possible to be any more proud of our boys?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

That was great - thanks for the tip

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
One of my favourite players always had hope for him even in his early years when he had injuries.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I remember him kicking inboard once and turned the ball over, never seen that ever again

• Wow

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I remember him kicking inboard once and turned the ball over, never seen that ever again

He sometimes looks across the field and starts the motion to kick the ball there but then something clicks in his head and he stops and goes back to down the line.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
He sometimes looks across the field and starts the motion to kick the ball there but then something clicks in his head and he stops and goes back to down the line.
It's his version of the Vic Richardson advice to Ian Chappel. "When you win the toss, nine times out of ten you bat first; on the tenth time you think about putting the opposition in, but you still bat first."

Reactions: 8 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Great interview on the radio. His old man loves to hard nuts from the top 5. His son is also one of our toughest. No big forwards mess with Dave.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Is he one of the reasons our backline is struggling at the moment or is he struggling because we are not defending well as a team?

He looks slow at the moment.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dave has been off the pace a bit this year but Noah has also.

Tigga is also returning Rusty.

Will take a bit for the unit to settle back into their rightful roles after all shifting from week to week.

The fact we have been getting touched up through the middle due to a lack of a midfield hasn't helped our defence.