David Haynes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Haynes

P

PuntRoadRoar

Last night on the news in perth it was highlighted just how many eagles players were coming out of contract and one name that caught my eye which would probably escape many people was David Haynes.

This kid is from Victoria and has a very powerful kick for such a young player and fantastic pair of hands, he is also reasonably quick aswell. He is also a fair height for someone his age at 188cm.

Might be worth some consideration, I think we could get him cheaply too if he wants to come home.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
From what I have seen of this kid he hasn't done all that much to impress me. I know he was kicking 2-3 goals per game when the Eagles were dominating earlier this season and he's a nice kick for goal, but I think there might be better uncontracted players around.
I'm surprised that you say he's 188cm or 6ft2", I thought he was smaller than that. To me he's more of a flanker then a key position player although he has played quite a few games a full forward for the Eagles.
I've got a mate whose an Eagles fan who doesn't really rate him. Reckons he might be traded to Geelong (I think he was from Geelong Falcons previously). I'll pass on him.

P

PuntRoadRoar

hehe thanks Boss

just thought he was a kid who added a bit of height and pace to our non-existant forward line.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
My father in law is good friends with David Haynes father.
David is very happy at the Eagles and wants to stay.
However, I guess anything is possible.