David Teague to Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Teague to Richmond

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Parkin won the 81, 82 and 95 Flags for the Blues.

Walls got them 87.
Kernahan, Bradley, Williams, Rhys-Jones, McKay, Bosustow, Perovic, Wells, Fitzpatrick, Hunter, Dorotich, Madden, Alvin, Spalding, Rice, Naley, Clape, Ditchburn, Jones, Maylin, Klomp, English, Bortolotto, Hogg, Pearce, Manton recruited with Elliott's chequebook!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Kernahan, Bradley, Williams, Rhys-Jones, McKay, Bosustow, Perovic, Wells, Fitzpatrick, Hunter, Dorotich, Madden, Alvin, Spalding, Rice, Naley, Clape, Ditchburn, Jones, Maylin, Klomp, English, Bortolotto, Hogg, Pearce, Manton recruited with Elliott's chequebook!
The problems did seem to start when the cap was introduced.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Knights has gone to West Coast
Interesting that there never seems to be any interest to lure him back. You see Wayne Campbell talking about his Richmond days fondly. But never hear boo from Knights.

I can't recall if his retirement was messy. Does anyone remember?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Interesting that there never seems to be any interest to lure him back. You see Wayne Campbell talking about his Richmond days fondly. But never hear boo from Knights.

Yep, from memory he didn't want to retire

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Frawley forced knighter into retirement and played him against Essendon one Friday night game as his farewell game.
Knights didn't want to retire.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Frawley forced knighter into retirement and played him against Essendon one Friday night game as his farewell game.
Knights didn't want to retire.
He also dropped him when he would have registered the 2nd 100th consecutive games milestone. I don’t know what happened, but there always seemed to be bad feelings between Knights and Frawley.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He also dropped him when he would have registered the 2nd 100th consecutive games milestone. I don’t know what happened, but there always seemed to be bad feelings between Knights and Frawley.
It was evident after 1 year in the job Frawley replaced knights as captain with Campbell

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
That's undoubtably true but it's also uncanny how good assistant coaches always seem to be at good teams. Bit like head coaches.

I'm sure there's something in that somewhere......
good assistant coaches and good head coaches make good teams?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think Knighter is smart! Goes to WC after geelong, was a coach at bombers, goes his time, when Hardwick retires, he is ready to return.
Dont know if going to work for a coach that will be relatively high up the list of probable sackings next year is a great idea.

If they go tits up and sack Simmo, Knighter would be on tenuous ground also I would expect.

But might just want out of Viktoriastan too like so many others, and ther opportunity presented itself.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
That's certainly a plausible theory but it falls apart when successful coaches go to other clubs and don't have the same success.
Seems to be a very strong theme runs through the success story these days n the old super coach is only one pivotal part of the story.
Coach, assistants, players, admin, recruiting, pinch of luck.
Shuffle them up into any order you like, but without a healthy dose of each success is virtually impossible to achieve.
Last twenty or so years n there's been four very successful clubs n a couple of fairly successful clubs. Brisvegas, Geelold, Hawforn, Tiges, Sydaknee, Wet Coke. 17 flags between them n all have had very strong overlap in pretty much all core aspects during their successful periods.
Even if we go back to the good old days of VFL n half arsed almost professional footy. Clubs with a strong core of Coach, assistants, players, admin, recruiting, pinch of luck, n sometimes the old brown paper bag shoofty were generally the long term contenders when it came to finals n flags.

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
good assistant coaches and good head coaches make good teams?
its all about the head coach in the end , can recall brittain, Mccartney and Wheadon all well credentialed assistants being involved , NEVER helped break the finals drought . realise there are many puzzle pieces to get right but there seems to be an imbalanced emphasis on asst coaches . i LOL when reviewing PA and CATS blogs after their recent demise , 2 guesses where they pinned the blame

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Knights was screwed. He was still playing very good footy. Don't blame him for being a bit miffed.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Knights was screwed. He was still playing very good footy. Don't blame him for being a bit miffed.
Knights is never coming to Richmond as long as Dimma is around. Dimma said to the bombers it will take time to get into the finals. Knights said otherwise. Knights got the job over Dimma and was proven wrong.

Reactions: 1 user