David Teague | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Teague

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Not free if he get's a job elsewhere in footy I think Carlton do pay him but only the difference between what his payout is less what we would pay him.
Ya reckon. ... Pickering is a bit of a hard arse and I'm thinking if Teague gets rissoled he'll get whatever's coming to him and Carlton can go and get stuffed... (I've sort of pretended I'm Liam Pickering for a moment! )

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ya reckon. ... Pickering is a bit of a hard arse and I'm thinking if Teague gets rissoled he'll get whatever's coming to him and Carlton can go and get stuffed... (I've sort of pretended I'm Liam Pickering for a moment! )
Don’t do that to yourself.

• Haha

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Unfortunately i couldn't find a Jokes Thread to post this:

Caro has completely lost the plot or trying to make the Tiger's a laughing stock, on Footy Classified she has said there is one lifeline for Teague, The Richmond Football Club is keen to have him in a coaching role at the club :eek:, surely not.
Posted this on the Carltank or Hardwick thread a few days ago. Big chance IMO and not a bad get as an assistant.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We can pay a nominal salary to satisfy everyone. What does a 1st year rookie get these days?

If the AFL send a please explain, we can point to their softcap as the reason we can't pay a lot, but we wanted to make sure another young AFL coach doesn't get chewed up and spat out. You're welcome.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Should help with fixing the forward line. Has demonstrated he can coach offence but what has him on the scrapheap is his defensive game is exposed. Hence Carlton view Ross Lyon as the saviour for this...

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I think not
Funny place footy clubs
Considering Teague was the one who manipulated the Carlton playing group to exit Brendan Bolton then the Blues few years on burn Teague . Interesting
Would of thought Brendan Bolton would be a better fit , but he will coach the new Tasmanian team

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
More then happy for “ Teagey” to come to Punt rd as long as he’s well showered and sterilised before hand :)) Nah seriously not fussed , could be a beautyor the chemistry may not work . Plenty didn’t want Kingsley , plenty wanted him gone early on, he’s now a 2 time key Premiership assistant .

I don’t mind in theory the thought of a very attacking coach joining the panel

Assitants more then anything in the industry are impossible to know how they’ll do there job for us outside the industry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Big Yes from me. Got a lot of praise as an assistant coach at the Crows, left them at the end of 2017.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
he would come with a intense HATE of Carlton ....just on that fact ...........he is a lock for the tigers

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Don't know if it should be Teague or not. What I do know is that the brains trust needs to be reinvigorated with new ideas.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
seems like a good guy and will end up hating carlton after this. a perfect fit.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Don't know if it should be Teague or not. What I do know is that the brains trust needs to be reinvigorated with new ideas.
Not sure I like some of their ideas though like playing their best player injured until he is permanently damaged and paying $800k a year for undisciplined spuds

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Reported (use that term any way you want) that there was very bad player feedback on Teague from the review.

Given he was a player favourite as an assistant, how would that happen ? Has been “reported” by two seperate media outlets that the players didn’t like being told to lift their performances this year. One or two key leaders. Teague even referred to it himself by saying the other day that the players had to understand that a high performance culture is required of them. Sounds like a few can’t subscribe.

I’m sensing a rotten to the core culture within that playing group, not a high performance one.

Reactions: 18 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Would be a good get. Obviously has his ideas and philosophies on footy. Good to have different perspectives at a club to challenge the coach from time to time. Thesis/ antithesis/ synthesis!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Teague has experience as a senior coach and as an assistant, assuming the usual interview process and the like, I reckon he would have quite a bit to offer.

Not sure about his Hegelian dialectics though Lamb.

DS

• Haha