David Teague | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Teague

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I wonder if Pickering manages any Carlton players Redfords. Or any thing of heading there.
If so, maybe he’s pissed off bigtime and “advises” his players accordingly. Unless they’re duds.
I know the Blues stuffed Brandon Ellis and Butler around. They told both of them they were wanted, and Carlton made a commitment to them. Then they didn't put a contract in front of either, so eventually they gave up and went elsewhere. They're going to develop a reputation the blues....

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Teague to Richmond, yeah why not.

Leppa was kicked to the kerb by the Lions, why not do the same thing with Teague.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Teague had a good reputation as an assistant and it is a different role to being a Head Coach. The fact that he is a failed senior coach should not stop us , as someone else said so was Leppa

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Teague had a good reputation as an assistant and it is a different role to be a Head Coach. The fact that he is a failed senior coach should not stop us , as someone else said so was Leppa
If he comes to Richmond I would query whether he is in fact a failed senior coach. or whether he was senior coach at a failed club.

(if he doesnt come to Richmond he is obviously a dud.)

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
If he comes to Richmond I would query whether he is in fact a failed senior coach. or whether he was senior coach at a failed club.

(if he doesnt come to Richmond he is obviously a dud.)
agree but it ain't comparing apples to apples.

if Teague rolls up to an interview for an assistant coach position, you look at his work as an assistant coach, focusing on one part of the machine. head coaches do so many other things these days it would be an unfair comparison.

only question mark around Teague is his potential as future head coach.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Our assistant coaching bench has looked bear since the departure of Leppa and McCrae.

The fact that Dimma has had under him at various stages Leppa, McCrae, Caracella, Rutten and Kingsley - is a big factor in why our very good team became a great team.

Assuming he is a good cultural fit, Teague would be a great addition.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Teague had a good reputation as an assistant and it is a different role to being a Head Coach. The fact that he is a failed senior coach should not stop us , as someone else said so was Leppa
Parkin, Walls, Pagan and Malthouse were all failed senior coaches at the Blues - its a right of passage for anyone going there.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Parkin, Walls, Pagan and Malthouse were all failed senior coaches at the Blues - its a right of passage for anyone going there.
Parkin and walls were premiership coaches at Carlton so hardly failed but in recent times yes, from Wayne Brittain on !!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Leppiscish thinks his shiit doesn't stink, on channel 7 big job ay Collingwood. If it wasn't for Hardwick he would be lolly pop man outside the Gabba

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users